Problem with new audio splitter

Lisa Stern

Estimable
May 16, 2015
So last weekend I ripped my audio splitter for my Razer Krakens, the one that came with the headset. So I got the ones I ordered from eBay;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111578532649?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So first thing I did was launch up CS:GO to play with friends and quickly I noticed something was really off. After a few rounds of completely wrong callouts, I noticed my sounds were reversed so if someone shot a gun on my right it sounded like it came from my left. This makes it almost unplayable on competitive because of the necessary callouts and how confusing it is to make them now. Along with this the quality is kind of weird on youtube videos and it's probably because it's reversed there too.

So yeah, not to sure what to say about the situation. I can't wear the headset reversed because then I wouldn't be able to use the mic and if I didn't need to use the mic I wouldn't use this damn audio splitter.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit

Solution
the splitter you bought was likely wired reversed.

3-pin%2520headset%2520generic%2520connector.png

the above image is how it should be wired up. likely they have the left/right channels reversed. its not all that uncommon with cheap products from china.

i'd try another brand splitter. (normally they are called headset to pc adapters, 4pole 3.5mm to 2x 3pole 3.5mm, console headset to pc adapters or similar)
the splitter you bought was likely wired reversed.

3-pin%2520headset%2520generic%2520connector.png

the above image is how it should be wired up. likely they have the left/right channels reversed. its not all that uncommon with cheap products from china.

i'd try another brand splitter. (normally they are called headset to pc adapters, 4pole 3.5mm to 2x 3pole 3.5mm, console headset to pc adapters or similar)

Solution