Problem with Sony VPCF22SFX/W

Leosassod

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
Hi guys, first time posting.
I´ve had this laptop for over 3 years now.
It worked great untill last month, I was able to play a lot of different games, edit videos, images and such, without a problem.
All of the sudden the cooler lost power, I would say from 100% it went to 30%, always on High Performance.
Now the laptop freezes while I´m on youtube for example, as for games, I can´t play them at all, so I thought the cooler could have been dirty or even broke.
I took it apart, cleaned everything, but still that didn´t solve the problem.
That´s when I noticed that it wasn´t on High Performance anymore, the thermal control software (Sony Control Center) was set to High Performance but the cooler itself was not responding.
As you probably know, I can´t use any other programs to control my fan speed because sony locks the settings.
Now I don´t know if this could be a problem with the fan, the software, processor or what,
I´ve tried pretty much everything, now I´m open to suggestions.
I don´t want to take it to a store or whatever because here in Brazil they would probably charge me 500 bucks just to look at it.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Leo

Leosassod

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014

No I haven´t, do You know any good websites I can get one from?
The problem is, what if I get one, and it doesn´t solve the problem?
I don´t even know how much they go for.

Leosassod

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014

Well, it was set to high performance, and the fan just kept running really fast, never stoped, now it is still set to high performance, however, it seems like i have it on silence mode, it only runs when the laptop gets hot.

Leosassod

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014

No i have not.
I remember cpu and ram usage being normal, but don´t know anything about disk activity.
How do i even do that?

Is there anything i can run and post here that could help?

Btw, thanks for the help.

Leosassod

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014

I haven´t had the time to do that yet.. but I will tonight!