Problem with YouTube App on my Android Phablet

nasusmai

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
I bought a BearTab Phablet from Amazon and received it last week and while I was messing with it, I messed it up. I "Force Stop" and "Disabled" the YouTube App on my BearTab and now I cannot do anything with it. I was trying to shut the YouTube App down so it would not be playing in the background. A notice pops up whenever I Unlock my Phablet to do anything with it that says, "Unfortunately, YouTube has quit working." or something like that and I click OK and the same message just pops up again. Help?

Solution

Ah. I thought you could, it was just when you tried to use youtube.

I'm assuming you've tried rebooting?

There's usually a combination of the power button, one of the volume buttons, and the home button (if present) that takes you to the bootloader if you hold them while your phone is off. It should then have an option for factory reset (note that this will wipe all data on the phone, though it shouldn't affect the SD card).

nasusmai

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
What do you mean re-enabling?

Where would "Factory data reset" be located?

I cannot do anything. I click "OK" for the error message and the message just pops up again. I cannot go anywhere on the phablet.

Ah. I thought you could, it was just when you tried to use youtube.

I'm assuming you've tried rebooting?

There's usually a combination of the power button, one of the volume buttons, and the home button (if present) that takes you to the bootloader if you hold them while your phone is off. It should then have an option for factory reset (note that this will wipe all data on the phone, though it shouldn't affect the SD card).

Solution