Problems importing clips from Canon Vixia HF G20

CollideYouth

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
While I was importing video files into Final Cut Pro my camcorder ejected (it does this sometimes if I move the cord ever so slightly) A message told me one of my clips did not import. Now, no matter how many times I try to re-import that clip it won't import into FCPX. I tried saving it to my computer, but QuickTime can't even play it and it won't save it. In FCPX it is there, but its completely black. I did get it to import once, but the sound was missing and once I disconnected my camcorder from the computer the clip went away.

I really need this clip for my video editing. Can anyone please help? The clip plays fine off of my camcorder, just not once I connect to my Mac.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Please be patient and not keep posting the same question. Your earlier thread has been closed as a duplicate.

This is a very specific question. You would likely find more help via a Apple/Final Cut forum than here.

Regardless, have you tried to transfer the file/clip to an alternate computer? Is the clip stored in internal memory or on an SD card?

CollideYouth

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
I apologize for the duplicate. I realized this thread would be more appropriate than where I had it previously. I'm new to this whole online posting thing.

I have not tried transferring it to an alternate computer yet. The clip is stored on an SD card.

CollideYouth

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
I did try inserting the SD directly. It did not work either. I will try using another computer tomorrow. Thank you for your input.