problems with text on youtube

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
I have a problem where some of the text on youtube and some other google websites is lighter than other text around the web. I use google chrome and I am wondering if there is something wrong or a setting to change. I need this fixed as I work with youtube and it is hard to work when there is this issue. Here is a screenshot of the problem:
http://imgur.com/a/62BS3

Solution
following the steps i mentioned?

then must be a chrme register stuck somewhere

perhaps contacting chrome developers or their forum, support in some way, what register cold be, meanwhile try the other suggestions about addons changing colors or reinstall windows as last option

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
chicano, have you ever bothered reading the replies? it only happen on chrome, the settings you mention affect the monitor or windows entirely

windows will not attack only the colors of links in only one single web browser

that is why there is addons to adjust those options inside each web browser, they can get isolated form the os completely, i know this because i see the same by using firefox in linux and windows, i know i can modify firefox as much as i want and don't touch linux or windows at all

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011

Course I've bothered to read... and I understand the problem perfectly... and I'm giving my own solutions. OP can choose to ignore them and change nothing, or apply them and solve the immediate problem at least while he finds the actual cause.

Besides it's obvious you don't understand the solution I have given. They don't make a drastic change in font boldness, they just correct the problem if it needs correcting, but not doing a thing will not do it. And yeah I see different font in every browser, and also size, and even zoom while all are at 100%. This is very clear with Internet Explorer.. screen zoom is larger.

Some browsers don't even recognize the icons in this website. So these differences are real... honestly all web browsers are not made by the same developer... so why would they use the same font?.

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
it is not a problem, it is a option set somewhere in chrome, fix colors for the whole desktop when you develop apps or create content is a very bad advise

if you need to set a specific color you expect to see that same color on all machines, if only in yours the color is what you see and you think it will look the same on other pcs, it will just mess up every work you have done

about internet explorer or edge, those come integrated with windows, the changes you do to windows will apply almost directly to them

but since this is chrome, it doesn't apply the way you want, it is just play with colors attemp

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Well just as I said, you don't understand or read what I say. I said above that Firefox and Chrome use different video title link font weight and tone of blue. On Chrome it's lighter font and paler blue. This can be worsened by a wrong monitor or Windows setting... Windows settings I mentioned are not modifications just corrections.. and also are the monitor adjustments they don't make font changes just improve display visibility.

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
those settings affect the entire system, if firefox is not affected, then the setting is not ding what you say it should

anyway, well, perhaps i'm too tired or you are right and i can't see it as a solution

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Yeah, you're probably right in the last line. I keep saying what I suggest for both monitor and Windows are CORRECTIONS not changes. It may not be a solution but it doesn't hurt to try and see. In which case the Chrome addon Font Changer with Google Web Fonts should improve text readability on Youtube only.

On text differences in both Chrome and Firefox a see a clear difference which you apparently don't... this image is half Chrome and half Firefox. These differences can be augmented if the monitor settings are not optimal.

Same screenshot taken with both browsers at 100% zoom
vypezo.jpg

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
following the steps i mentioned?

then must be a chrme register stuck somewhere

perhaps contacting chrome developers or their forum, support in some way, what register cold be, meanwhile try the other suggestions about addons changing colors or reinstall windows as last option

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.