Solved! Projector level at bottom not at top

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyb649

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

BXy1Oq.jpg

Would anybody be able to tell me why my image on my projector is level on the bottom but not level on the top I made sure that is level on the body and I messed around with the Keystone but for some reason I can't get it to be level on the top obviously if I tilted it more than it would take away from the bottom of the picture can anyone tell me how I can fix this or why it does it

I also just check to make sure the screen was level and it's completely level to maybe half a degree off

Solution
I'm assuming your projector does NOT have lens shift.

Set your keystone back to zero.

Looking down on your projector (I'm assuming you have it on a desk - not a ceiling mount) - rotate the entire projector either clockwise or anticlockwise (I can't tell from your pic which way it is out) until the top and bottom are parallel across the entire width of the screen. Being level at this point is not important but the image must be the same length on the left side of the image as it is on the right. You need to carefully measure - eyeballing is not good enough.

Once you have that done you can set the height of the image by: Vertical Tilt (clockwise / counterclockwise when looking from the side).

Then to make the top and bottom level...

robert600

Distinguished
I'm assuming your projector does NOT have lens shift.

Set your keystone back to zero.

Looking down on your projector (I'm assuming you have it on a desk - not a ceiling mount) - rotate the entire projector either clockwise or anticlockwise (I can't tell from your pic which way it is out) until the top and bottom are parallel across the entire width of the screen. Being level at this point is not important but the image must be the same length on the left side of the image as it is on the right. You need to carefully measure - eyeballing is not good enough.

Once you have that done you can set the height of the image by: Vertical Tilt (clockwise / counterclockwise when looking from the side).

Then to make the top and bottom level: adjust clockwise / counterclockwise when looking from the front.

Note that if the image is not centered (left and right wise) on your screen - you must move your projector and start again.

Only after doing all that can you use keystone to remove any trapezoid type effects.

Solution

joeyb649

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
It is on a shelf I made; it is so delicate to even get it this good; does your answer change knowing I have it in a shelf? Kinda like where it would be positioned if it was on a mount.

joeyb649

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I can take pictures of you need me to I really appreciate you trying to help me but I don't have that type of focus feature on my projector, I tried to set keystone to 0 but am afraid I'll lose this position.

joeyb649

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Can I still do this if I don't have the vertical lens shift feature? It is an Epson.

Status
Not open for further replies.