PS Vita First Edition Bundle Will Arrive One Week Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Too pricey. Sony shooting them selves in the foot again. Didn't they learn from what Nintendo did with the 3DS? $199 for the console, $250 for the package.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
um, I guess Ill wait til they notice the pricing is not working out and then buy one. Thats too expensive in this US economy.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Too pricey. Sony shooting them selves in the foot again. Didn't they learn from what Nintendo did with the 3DS? $199 for the console, $250 for the package.[/citation]
What? A 4-core CPU, 5inch multi touch screen, most likely a 5mp camera, wifi/3g for 300 bucks man. How do you expect them to make this thing cheaper? Even tablets aren't quad cores yet, smartphones right now are barely scratching the dual core surface. You have to pay around 500 dollars for smartphones without contracts.

Guaranteed someone is going to crack the software and make it into a portable console/smartphone.

This just goes to show you how overpriced and big the profit margins are for ipads and iphones.

Switchblade187

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
What are you people smoking? Too pricey? Go look up the price of an OLED screen in any size and tell us what you find of the price. A matter of fact go look at the price of companies selling 11 inch OLED screens and then say this is too pricey.

There are a ton of features in here. You people are willing to pay $500 + for an iPhone and not this? This has more tech and costs less yet it's too pricey for you.

This is a fair price for something with this much tech in it and yes it will probably drop in price to $249.99 at some point in the next year and a half. If that $50 really means that much to you then by all means wait it out. Me like a lot of other people will get this bundle and will be enjoying it for a long time.

rh_dog

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Too pricey. Sony shooting them selves in the foot again. Didn't they learn from what Nintendo did with the 3DS? $199 for the console, $250 for the package.[/citation]
The 3DS didn't sell because the 3D system is bad for kids eyes. So a "toy" marketed towards kids ended up being bad for them, that's why it didn't sell. Nintendo even said that kids shouldn't look at their 3D screen for too long. I certainly didn't get one for my kids.

At a $350 price tag, the PS Vita will be on the older kid's birthday list and mine.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Switchblade187[/nom]What are you people smoking? Too pricey? Go look up the price of an OLED screen in any size and tell us what you find of the price. A matter of fact go look at the price of companies selling 11 inch OLED screens and then say this is too pricey.There are a ton of features in here. You people are willing to pay $500 + for an iPhone and not this? This has more tech and costs less yet it's too pricey for you.This is a fair price for something with this much tech in it and yes it will probably drop in price to $249.99 at some point in the next year and a half. If that $50 really means that much to you then by all means wait it out. Me like a lot of other people will get this bundle and will be enjoying it for a long time.[/citation]

um, it is 250$, however a 3g version is 300$ i believe, unless the pricing changed and i didn't know about it.

this one comes with a game and a 4gb memory card, so lets assume the game is 30-50$ on its own, and the card is 10-20$

oleds are cheaper to make than lcds, but because its new and better tech, they charge more.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Switchblade187[/nom]What are you people smoking? Too pricey? Go look up the price of an OLED screen in any size and tell us what you find of the price. A matter of fact go look at the price of companies selling 11 inch OLED screens and then say this is too pricey.There are a ton of features in here. You people are willing to pay $500 + for an iPhone and not this? This has more tech and costs less yet it's too pricey for you.This is a fair price for something with this much tech in it and yes it will probably drop in price to $249.99 at some point in the next year and a half. If that $50 really means that much to you then by all means wait it out. Me like a lot of other people will get this bundle and will be enjoying it for a long time.[/citation]

Chill mate, most americans are very cheap.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]um, it is 250$, however a 3g version is 300$ i believe, unless the pricing changed and i didn't know about it.this one comes with a game and a 4gb memory card, so lets assume the game is 30-50$ on its own, and the card is 10-20$oleds are cheaper to make than lcds, but because its new and better tech, they charge more.[/citation]
Oleds are not cheaper to make than lcds. Both the fabrication process and lack of demand make the oled more expensive.

soky602

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]Chill mate, most americans are very cheap.[/citation]
Aaaaahhhhahahahahaahahahahaha, its so true, too. LMFAO!!!

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
It's way too much money, not because of the hardware but because of the prices they'll charge for the games.

Sorry, Sony, but you and Nintendo are going to learn the hard way that people are used to the idea of buying a game for $0.99 to $2.99 for their iPhone that provides 90% of their entertainment needs, and they run on a device they already own (instead of having to shell out another $250 for another device).

Oh, and that one purchase allows the App to run on all your devices in your home, making it even cheaper.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]It's way too much money, not because of the hardware but because of the prices they'll charge for the games.Sorry, Sony, but you and Nintendo are going to learn the hard way that people are used to the idea of buying a game for $0.99 to $2.99 for their iPhone that provides 90% of their entertainment needs, and they run on a device they already own (instead of having to shell out another $250 for another device).Oh, and that one purchase allows the App to run on all your devices in your home, making it even cheaper.[/citation]
Sony will also sell online mini games that are cheap. A full fledged game of course will still be more expensive.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Oleds are not cheaper to make than lcds. Both the fabrication process and lack of demand make the oled more expensive.[/citation]

they cost a significant amount less to make than an lcd, its the plants that holds them back right now, and its also the fact that even if the plants are set up, and the company breaks even, they would still screw us.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]they cost a significant amount less to make than an lcd, its the plants that holds them back right now, and its also the fact that even if the plants are set up, and the company breaks even, they would still screw us.[/citation]
The fabrication process of an oled as it stands today it's still a lot more expensive than a lcd. Companies are working on ways to make it cheaper and make the technology appear on bigger screens. But if you think otherwise please post some proof.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
this wreaks of desperation...first they delay it, now they say if you pre-order you get it a week early??? No thanks $ony. I would point out the reasons this device is not needed, but many already have in the posts before mine. I will wait for a quad core phone instead(and it won't be a $ony).

Status
Not open for further replies.