PS3 Gets Official 3D Blu-ray Playback Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
The 2 people who own all the other gear combined with a PS3 will be jumping for joy! lol

All jokes aside it is pretty cool and if I had the extra scratch for all the gear I would surely make use of this since I did enjoy the Avatar and some other 3D movies.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Thank You PS3!! people thought i was crazy when i told them "I just want it for the blu-ray player and the occasional gaming/multimedia that goes with it"

now i'm getting 3d ability along with it. WOOT!! that sure saves money from buying a whole new blu-ray

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Although I don't have a 3D screen, I think it's great that they're doing this. The PS3 is still the best Bluray player on the market. When I bought mine back in 2007 I bought it solely as a Bluray player and still use it solely for that purpose. Back then it was cheaper than any other Bluray player on the market yet was more feature complete than nearly all of them. It's still one of the most up to date player despite being over three years old. Also in the event of failure, fixing it is cheap since they're so common place. My laser failed about a year ago. £30 and about half an hour's work fixed it. It's by far the best optical disk player I've ever had.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Will be interested to know what these new features are that's coming out with the firmware.. guess I don't have that long to wait.

Though PS3 3D Blu-Ray playback is good for the 3D'ers out there.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Sorry i am not impressed with 3D yet at all. We just seen Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D and it was so so, nothing spectacular. I think the 3D is just a bunch of hoppla about nothing. Were all so caught up in new techlology that we jump on the bandwagon long before we know all the facts about the new product. They say by 2013 about 3 percent of the House holds will have it, it will be far longer than that before it ever arrives in this household, probably Version 99.999.991 @ 2020

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Woohoo full support for a stupid gimmick that costs $2000-$3000 extra! The entertainment industry will never convince me this is worth it until it becomes a standard feature you get with any HDTV you buy.

msummers80

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
Sony can put features that they promised back in new updates before I will be accepting features I didn't expect when I bought the thing.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]kingssman[/nom]Thank You PS3!! people thought i was crazy when i told them "I just want it for the blu-ray player and the occasional gaming/multimedia that goes with it" now i'm getting 3d ability along with it. WOOT!! that sure saves money from buying a whole new blu-ray[/citation]
Great! Now all you need is the $2000 tv and the $500 3d glasses kit!

redzoneos

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
it's not necessarily about who ALREADY owns all the gear required. It's about attracting the consumer base not included in the 38 million current ps3 owners. I will be buying a TV, and a blu-ray player within the next few months, most likely before the new year.

Will I be buying a 3D HDTV and a PS3 combo?? I dunno yet, but with this update, it's certainly tempting.

Well played Sony.

Hopefully they'll come out with a new version of PS3 before christmas that has HDMI v1.4.

G

LOL the people that say 3D is crap are just peope that don't have the cash to buy a 3D tv i have got a samsung 3D tv it's awsome it kicks the old hdtv's ass in to the stone age

Status
Not open for further replies.