PS3 Unit Sales Drop Sharply, Wii Remains Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
There is a reason for that the wii has more rpg's, rts, platform games the kind people like, the ps3 has NO rpg's but 2 since release and 2 rts.

Im still waiting for final fantasy and my ps3 is collecting dust, i don't like any of the games released for the ps3 fps hatem,action hack and slash games hatem, racing game can't stand them but thats all they seem to be pumping out.

Same goes for the 360 they seem focused on fps,racing,sports.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Lets face it, the games we get on PS3 and 360 are the exact same games we've been getting on the previous generation consoles, just with upgraded graphics and sound. Sure HD gaming is cool, I like seeing some of the impressive visuals in my new games, but after playing the game for a bit, you need something to keep you going. Games that are engaging, interesting and DIFFERENT, are few and far between. Its no wonder the Wii is doing so well.

FYI I own a 360 and Wii, don't want you to think I'm a Nintendo fanboy or anything :p

G

Will the iPhone/iPod Touch ever be included in these sales figures against the DS and PSP? Monkey Ball is a well-developed game for the system, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.