PS4 VS Msi GP60 2PE-440(NL) 840M or Lenovo y50 (2GB GDDR5)

Jelle Nobus

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014
Hi ,

I want a new Gaming machine , but Im still in high school 3rd year (9th grade for the amaricans here) and i have considered upgrading to a new laptop or buying a Ps 4 , but i have considerd the Lenovo y50 but its kinda expensive for me . what should i do buy a Ps 4 , or get me a laptop
(Lenovo y50 or MSI GP60 2PE-440(nl) with 840M . And keep in mind . i still have to buy word exel PP on the laptop if i buy one ...

Solution
I would buy a PS4 if gaming is your primary concern. The primary reason is because the hardware for the PS4 is fixed; it will not change until Sony releases the PS5. On the other hand PC hardware always changes; there is always something new coming out every year.

What this means is that whether a game is released for the PS4 this year or in 2020, it will run on the PS4 you buy this year because the hardware does not change. The same cannot be said for a laptop or desktop. If you buy a laptop this year capable of playing current games on high settings, I will guarantee you that if play a game released in 2020 you will be playing games on low settings (or perhaps the laptop is too old to play the game). Why? Because hardware changes and...
I would buy a PS4 if gaming is your primary concern. The primary reason is because the hardware for the PS4 is fixed; it will not change until Sony releases the PS5. On the other hand PC hardware always changes; there is always something new coming out every year.

What this means is that whether a game is released for the PS4 this year or in 2020, it will run on the PS4 you buy this year because the hardware does not change. The same cannot be said for a laptop or desktop. If you buy a laptop this year capable of playing current games on high settings, I will guarantee you that if play a game released in 2020 you will be playing games on low settings (or perhaps the laptop is too old to play the game). Why? Because hardware changes and developers of PC games tends to push the performance envelop.

In the US, a PS4 costs $400. There are many different configurations of the Lenovo Y50, but let's just say it costs $900. That means you save $500 which you can use to buy a basic laptop with integrated graphics later on when you feel your current laptop is no longer good enough to do the basic things you want to do with it.

Solution

Jelle Nobus

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014

I Play(ed) World of Tanks , put quit a bit of money in it and i still need to be able to play that game. Taking a Braking from it . tho i think my laptop will be fine until my graduation in 2 years , (I hope so...) And i dont know how it works in the US , Uk,ect. but here youre allowed to work from your 14th , and im getting 15 next friday so i'll get some money . ill have to dicide to save a little longer until newyears day ( i get 150 ,- each year from family . and i think i can get just 60 from working . last weeks before holidays are always filled with tests )

Here Theres just 4 Configurations of the lenovo y50 but ive seen diffrent types on other webstore that are imported dont know about the keyboard layout tho

Like I said, the PS4 is better in the long run to play games because any PS4 sold now or in the future will be able to a PS4.

If WoT is important to you and if the cost of the PS4 and a laptop using a Core i3 / Core i5 CPU with the integrated HD 4400 graphics core, then that is probably the better option since you will be able to play WoT and PS4 games. Example are the Core i3-4030u and Core i5-4200u. The Nvidia Geforce 315m is a very weak graphic chip. The Intel HD 4400 is not really considered very powerful either compared to recent graphic chips like the GT 840m, but it is definitely more powerful than the GeForce 315m.

If playing PC games is more important than playing PS4 games, then go with the Lenovo y50 or MSI GP60 2PE-440. Be aware that a lot of people have said the Y50's screen sucks because it has very limited viewing angles. I know nothing about the GP60.