PS4 vs. Xbox One: Which Console Is Right for You?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappy_1

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
False.i had a 4 that I traded for an xbox.why? Gears,halo,halo wars2,forza,sunset all multi-player online first party titles which Sony lacks. Single player is amazing on ps4 with nioh and horizon but no multi-player support,including God of War 4 a days gone. They both have 3rd party multi-player games but not first party.

lordlogancool

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Actually, PS Plus usually comes with 4 games, just hidden in the menus. Go to PS Store ---> PS Plus ---> Free Games ---> that one thing to the left of the first game that appears and to the right of the subscription options. There you will see Sony sneakily hid more games.

mrydolly

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Wow I want to get back into video gaming and I can't decide what to get into thinking about the Xbox one because of its backwards compatibility, I've been a PlayStation dude my whole life 1-3 and owned a 360 once, so theirs mad Xbox games I have not played and I would love to start a twitch account. What should I do, because what everyone is saying been going on for year ps has better graphics, Xbox has better online play what should I do?

esperanza1210

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
What if you just want to play Just Dance or Zumba games and use it for streaming? Would the Xbox One S be the best option?

selva2animation

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
1. Xbox One S hardware is far better than PS4 Slim and its competing to PS4 Pro (Upto now no console match with Xbox One X)
2. Xbox controller is widely accepted as the best controller in the world
3. Playstation exclusives are huge blockbuster in the world (But Xbox also but few only)
4. Playstation is best for exclusives only but overall gaming Xbox wins the race
5. Xbox has backward compatibility, less priced games, 4 free games on Gold membership
6. Microsoft opening many studios for exclusives.
7. Playstation Interface is cleaner than Xbox
8. Playstation lacks entertainment media support (now consoles are not just old school consoles)
9. Most of the playstation games are Japanese, Chinese and South Korean based games
10. Most of the xbox games are shooters without good story but best in shooting experience
11. Graphics wise Xbox One S is slightly better than PS4 Slim and slightly anti-aliasing less than PS4, So overall Xbox One S having better graphics
12. Playstation has superior frame rates
13. Both Xbox One series and PS4 series has HDR 10 bit but more Xbox games are being enhanced to HDR than PS4 games
14. Design wise Xbox One S, X and PS4 Slim looks stunning but PS4 pro is garbage
15. Xbox Live is faster, stable and playable than PS4 network. thats why PS4 is still concentrating on Story games
16. Xbox offers are cheaper than Sony during Black Friday, Christmas Eve.
17. Xbox released their exclusives for all but Sony never because PS deeply depend upon exclusives

carlsteve

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
I bought my first game console 2 years ago...a used PS3 that I found on eBay. I chose it over the Xbox, as a large percentage of those for sale on eBay were defective. I had also read articles about Microsoft having quality control problems at its Chinese manufacturing facilities. I don't play games, but I wanted a game console for other reasons. It's the only means I have for playing Blu-ray. I also wanted to use my large-screen HDTV (not my computer) for Netflix and other streaming services, including Sony's PlayStation Vue cable TV service. I was so taken with the PS3 that I put it in the bedroom and got a brand new PS4 for the living room. Now I have a complete video system in both major rooms. Although Vue can be used on a variety of streaming devices (including mobile), its performance really shines on the PS4. Microsoft never developed a similar app for the Xbox.

Mar 3, 2018
I love the fact, that this review, and no one else mentioned the Xbox One's exclusive "Gold Sharing" feature. Gold sharing, or account linking is one of the main resons why I got an Xbox One. You can literally give or ricieve all the digitally content downloaded to you or your friends xbox one. Something that PS4 does not offer. All you have to do is put your account on your friends Xbox, and make it "My Home Xbox." They will then need to do the same for you to access their games.

Jan 28, 2019
Wow what a skewed review.

You use older xbox to say how its not as good.

Thats not a fair argument.

The only reason I can see a person to get a ps4 is becuase they want to save $100, which is not wise since xbox is better.

Or get the exclusives,

Basically I am disaapointed that exclusives are swarming to PS4 devs since the hardware is weaker for ps4 with less value.

Ps4 needs to up thieir game and be competitve to be the best or closer to it.

They need better hardware firstly.

How can a ps4 not have a 4k player. Its from sony! They have a lot of media as well regarding that.

The decision maker that decided to not include 4k playablity on the PS doesnt like the sony company. Its that simple.

I would have bought a ps4 if they had blu ray since I like ps systems. Instead i just bought an independent 4 blu ray system from samsung that was marketed is best value. So it was somewhat pricey as it is.

I could have gotten the xbox, but I am not confident in their determination to have support for their 4k player and help with configuaration to optimum perfomance. I was wrong.

I regret getting my samsung 4k blu ray player. But I cant regret not getting the ps4.

I am not much a video gamer on a console system, primarily becuase I am so used high refresh rates that low refresh rates give me migraines.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20040625-00/?p=38713

thats about reresh rates giving migraines. So yes, even blu rays can give me head aches. THey are worse at times with their low fps.

And guess what? For xbox there is an option for 120 mhz... I really regret not getting an xbox.

PS4 devs should be ashamed.

And game developers should also be ashmaed for having exclusives with an inferior product on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.