PSP Clone Plays Famicom, MegaDrive ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundercleese

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
"the PXP-900 has a built-in camera
, FM radio, a loudspeaker, and MP3/MP4 drag-n-drop capabilities; Sony's PSP doesn't feature any one of these items."

The SONY PSP has stereo speakers and can play MP3s and MP4s. Honestly, has anyone who writes these stories even seen a PSP?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]thundercleese[/nom]The SONY PSP has stereo speakers and can play MP3s and MP4s. Honestly, has anyone who writes these stories even seen a PSP?[/citation]
PSP has stereo speakers that are not loud, not even at max volume. The PXP has mp3/mp4 drag and drop feature, the PSP does not have drag and drop.

Honestly, this is a way better deal than the sony PSP. With a built in camera(which is very cool), fm radio, LOUD SPEAKERS, and an emulator for so many great consoles, for just $90, its great bargain. Besides, who uses PSP for networking, its too slow and its hard to navigate through the pages, even typing the websites on it is a frustrating task.

My opinion is, Its way better deal than the PSP.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
[citation][nom]thundercleese[/nom]"the PXP-900 has a built-in camera, FM radio, a loudspeaker, and MP3/MP4 drag-n-drop capabilities; Sony's PSP doesn't feature any one of these items."The SONY PSP has stereo speakers and can play MP3s and MP4s. Honestly, has anyone who writes these stories even seen a PSP?[/citation]

That's not exactly what the quote said. Loudspeaker =/= stereo sound. Also for playing Mp3s and Mp4s on PSP some setup for your memory card is required so it's not pure drag 'n drop like this device claims to use. It was worded oddly and not explained thoroughly, but the author of the article was probably just repeating what the PR spokesperson told them which is common in tech journalism.

4c1dr41n4

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
It really takes a real genius to drag the MP3s to the MUSIC folder and the MP4s to the VIDEO folder instead of just draging to the root of the Memory Stick.

Besides, the PSP has STEREO loudspeakers, just look at the specs or listen to a song using a PSP. I have one, I can tell. It doesn't matter if you think they are not loud enough, they are still technically called loudspeakers. It's certainly much better to use STEREO headphones: the sound is much better, provided you use quality phones. But you get STEREO sound no matter what.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Why are bootleg handheld devices always overpriced. $90? come on. You can probably buy a used premodded PSP for that much money.

G

The sony has a 800x480 16/9 screen?
Also, how can you run games?
And how can you install an operating system on 2GB internal space?
Win98?
I know an nlited XP can do the trick, but not many people know how to do that. They rather put their XP CD into the device and boot that.

What's the factory default OS?

What emulators does it support? (I suspect any that run on XP)?
If it could play back PS2 games emulated that would be great!
But I doubt they equipped this device with amore powerful processor than the PSP.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
There are plenty of model 2000 PSP's to buy on Ebay. For example here. Yes, double the price of the clone here. But with custom firmware it does all of the above mentioned things, plus additional things like Neogeo, Mame etc etc at a much higher resolution.

Not to mention you can play Patapon or any other PSP game on it out of the box. ;P

nukemaster

Distinguished
Well, its not like Sony could have ever got away with selling PSP with emulation of other systems. So those features while nice, are not a lacking for Sony, but a legal matter. Modded PSPs to allow emulation like this.

pender21

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
You can buy used Sony PSP's for under $100 off Craigslist. My neighbor bought a PSP-2000 series and it works great for $85. Had Custom firmware on it but you can always pandora it.

I have a PSP 1000 and still play legitimate PSP games everyday on my commute. With Custom firmware (which is very easy to install these days), you can install an emulator to play older generation console games. It has trouble playing some SNES games but can play some N64 games which is strange. Also, with the stock Sony firmware, you can play PSX games. You can also setup automatic download, convert and copy of Video (from Torrent Casts) and Podcasts which is great if you have a long commute and like watching TV shows or Podcasts.

Since the PXP does not play PSP games, why is it so big and why does it cost $90. I would rather have a real used PSP for the same price rather than some half-baked Chinese toy.

So for people who don't want to wait for a PSP Go (the PSP2 due out this Christmas), and want to try a PSP, you can get a real used one for $100. You can also rent games from gamefly.com (like netflix but for Video Games).

G

its not $90, its $50. its cheaper than a 2nd hand PSP and the ones sold here in the Philippines are better because its already touchscreen. =0

G

¿se pueden cambiar los fireware de los clones de psp chinos? yo tengo 4.3" LCD Portable MP4 MP5 Player game console with camera red

Status
Not open for further replies.