Can i use a Playstation 1,2,3 or 4 Controller to Play PS1,Sega Genesis,SNES,NES,N64 Roms on my Nexus 7

camtheman88

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
Just wondering i have been playing PS1,Sega Genesis,SNES,NES and N64 Roms on my Nexus 7 for the last 2 years. Using an Emulator and the virtual keypad for each of the ancient systems that is in the emulators. I love these systems i grew up with them that is why i still like to nostalgically play them on my Nexus 7. I have had my Nexus 7 since 2012.

I know it is bluetooth capable and the PS3 and PS4 Controllers are Bluetooth Capable as well. It is better to play games with an actual physical controller that your hands and fingers remember. Just wondering i have seen some people with controllers like SNES Controllers,Playstation Controllers with That have been modified to plug into the Micro USB on Tablets. I was wondering if i could either use an old Controller like a PS1,PS2 or get a PS3,PS4 Wireless Bluetooth Controller and pair them with the bluetooth on my Nexus 7 to play the PS1,Sega Genesis,SNES,NES,N64 Emulators??? Are the PS1,PS2,PS3 and PS4 Controllers Proprietary and or locked to work only with the Playstation Consoles??? Would i need to hack the Controllers like the PS3 and PS4??? to work or do they work right out of the box. Hell i don't mind using a Corded PS1 or PS2 Controller to play roms on my tablet with it if will work with all those emeulator platforms i listed. I know they sell otg and different type of corded controller conversion port kits online like on ebay,amazon etc. But which would you recommend would be the best,Reliable and most Affordable option. I mean if it is as easy getting a PS3 or PS4 Controller and pairing them with my Nexus 7 without modifcation on either end i will go by a PS3,PS4 Controller right now LOL PS: The Least Inexpensive The Better. My Nexus 7 (2012) is not rooted.

Solution
The connectors on older PS consoles are fairly proprietary, but you might have some luck finding a PS1/PS2 to micro-USB adapter, I've never looked though.

The PS3 and PS4 bluetooth only connects natively to their respective consoles, or via a bluetooth dongle and some driver hackery on PC. Sadly, the PS3/PS4 controllers would need their own drivers for Android, and I don't know if anyone has tried to do that yet.

This one is used pretty commonly, though I hear there is a little hit or miss if you get one with a good battery or not.

http://www.amazon.com/Playpad-Android-Bluetooth-PC-Mac-Linux/dp/B0092ZEINO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408458271&sr=8-1&keywords=Nyko+Tablet+controller

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
The connectors on older PS consoles are fairly proprietary, but you might have some luck finding a PS1/PS2 to micro-USB adapter, I've never looked though.

The PS3 and PS4 bluetooth only connects natively to their respective consoles, or via a bluetooth dongle and some driver hackery on PC. Sadly, the PS3/PS4 controllers would need their own drivers for Android, and I don't know if anyone has tried to do that yet.

This one is used pretty commonly, though I hear there is a little hit or miss if you get one with a good battery or not.

http://www.amazon.com/Playpad-Android-Bluetooth-PC-Mac-Linux/dp/B0092ZEINO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408458271&sr=8-1&keywords=Nyko+Tablet+controller

Solution