PSP Go is 43% Lighter, No UMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I remember the PSP was all the rage back in ninth grade, but I'm now about to start my sophomore year in college. I'm sorry but the PSP seems ancient to me now, I sold mine a long time ago. I just don't feel any enthusiasm to nothing short of just a refresh to this old platform.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
That picture looks absolutely retarded.

Unless Sony creates a PSP with all the functionality of the Dualshock 3 (sans vibration) I'm not interested in a new model.

This is just Sony pulling a DSi, it's just gimmicky added features, expect it plays the same games, but loses features.

horendus

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
They need to double the machine graphics power.

Its graphics were great...2 years ago.

Now they seem very standard even for a mobile device

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
Gran Turismo PSP...didn't they announce this sucker before the psp was ever released? And this does kinda make the psp's existing situation even worse, it still lacks a decent number of quality games, and this thing won't even play the decent ones that are already out..

I guess this would translate into better battery life however, that's something at least

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I bought a PSP for Gran Tourismo. I sold it in about 3 months after I learned it was just a rumor. Unless it's comfortable, has a better thumbstick, has GTPSP and costs less than $150 I surely won't be buying one. Especially since I felt screwed by Sony when they didn't realease GTPSP.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I may actually buy one just because of the 16gb space and what new things the homebrew creators could do with this thing (if its internal is way better than the PSP-3000).

Of course my wallet would say otherwise.

G

I held off on getting a PSP till they did a refresh. I told that to my bro in law and he said I was stupid cause they wouldn't do a refresh... well, look who's laughing now :)
If they fixed the screen, and have decent battery life, then I would buy this. I would use it for a portable media device/homebrew (whenever the guys crack it). If the thing was even $200, that's still less than a 8GB iPod Touch, but this has 16GB storage. Plus, no crappy fry-tunes, and more diverse formats are supported by the PSP.

G

"bought a PSP for Gran Tourismo. I sold it in about 3 months after I learned it was just a rumor. Unless it's comfortable, has a better thumbstick, has GTPSP and costs less than $150 I surely won't be buying one. Especially since I felt screwed by Sony when they didn't realease GTPSP."

Seriously? You are made a Sony because you fell for a rumor.. Wait till a game has actually been announced if you are that concerned with one game.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
So the new PSP can't play any of the dozen (dozens?) of games already released for the PSP on UMD? You have to download any game you want to play? That defeats the whole damn point of a portable video game system. This isn't a competitor to the DS or even the original PSP, its a freaking competitor to the iPod touch!

Why is everyone trying to compete with Apple? That just validates the myth that Apple is relevant.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
It needs a bigger screen.

Why not go with a 4.3" screen? New hardware would be nice too.

Until a psp is released with the same processing power as the Xbox1, I won't feel the desire to get one.

hiryu

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
It looks like if a home has 2 PSP (e.g one for each kid), people want to play a game in either of the PSP would need to buy the same game twice. Also in some rural area where internet still relies on dial-up, those people would also be out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.