PSU or Graphics Card

Ahmad Saher

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
Hi

I am having really bad time trying to figure weather my laptop problem is from the PSU or from the VGA Card, I am using Dell XPS l502x.

I visited a technician he told me it's VGA card problem and as for my laptop I have to change the whole motherboard cause the card is internal which is costy, though from what i seen among forums and common problems the signs of bad VGA or bad PSU are almost the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- My laptop when I am not in game has a delay 2 sec or 1 that comes and goes.

- When I start gaming after a while the screen just freezes and the fan sound goes high all of a sudden.

- My laptop doesn't suffer overheat, it has cool temp. even when I game.

- At the start of windows I get the message that the AC adapter is not recognized this will lead to lower performance blah blah blah .. but I had this message for a very long time, and the problem only occurred lately about a month or 2 ..

- The laptop ONLY crashes after a while from gaming, And I get either blue screen after crash or just total Freeze so I use power button to shut down forcefully and open it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks in advance for your time.

Ahmad Saher

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
The screen only stays for like 2-3 secs then the computer shuts down, so I don have really enough time to read what's the message is.
In case it's RAM problem, these problems I have can happen cause of RAM ?

Ahmad Saher

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015

Oh no, there wasn't any update. First time happened I was playing Warcraft III a very simple game doesn't need grapics that much.

Suddenly game froze, I alt tabbed, then the screen like refreshed and had message, error occured with nvidia driver but i was able to still use windows, then happened later that week, then started to increase, then the game turned into total freeze couldn't alt tab .. it escalated since that time, when i ever go gaming it just freezes like that, or crashes to Blue screen