Pulling the trigger on 7.1. Thoughts on setup?

satsol

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Just looking for some advice from the helpful community. I turned a basement room into a 14'x21' theater room. Nice Sony HD projector and I'm looking at a 7.1 Klipsch system to polish it off. What I'm looking at is:

2x RF-62 II (floor standing)
4x RS-42 II (for my surrounds)
1x R-112SW (sub)
1x RC-62 II (center)

I've never owned Klipsch, but a buddy has some and they sound great. My main question is if this speaker setup will have enough juice and power for the room. I don't need my hair blown back, but I want to make sure I can fill the room with sound when I want it. It will be powered by a Yamaha RX-740. Thank you!

Solution
The Klipsch speakers are quite efficient which means they don't need a lot of power to play loud. If you can go for the RF-82 II towers that will give you more upper bass to balance better with the subwoofer and greater max volume if you like to really shake things up occasionally.
The RX-740 is a 6.1 channel receiver but you should be able to power two surround backs speakers off the surround back center amplifier.
The Klipsch speakers are quite efficient which means they don't need a lot of power to play loud. If you can go for the RF-82 II towers that will give you more upper bass to balance better with the subwoofer and greater max volume if you like to really shake things up occasionally.
The RX-740 is a 6.1 channel receiver but you should be able to power two surround backs speakers off the surround back center amplifier.

Solution