Quality Time with Windows Phone 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Cross platform ability for games to go between Xbox and Windows PC has been around for 3 years, and ignored by developers.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Field Mouse[/nom]Cross platform ability for games to go between Xbox and Windows PC has been around for 3 years, and ignored by developers.[/citation]

Good point. I think that will change somewhat with the advent of app stores for mobile devices, however. This might not apply to PCs all too much, but I think you will see a lot of games go between XBLA, the Zune HD and the WP7 platform.

-Devin

long2know

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Wow - I got to touch the phones at TechEd at least. As with all MS products, the main benefits will be for developers and nice IDE's. The various demonstrations at TechEd with regard to developing apps with Silverlight (Expression Blend), XNA, etc, were pretty cool. But, the phone still had some serious limitations, and I'm think it will ultimately be too little too late. Rumors have it that the phone won't be released until Q1 2011 as well.

hiruu

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
I'm waiting on this OS to decide which mobile platform to go with...that Dell Lightining looked incredible, but I've got to see them all running to make a final call.

G

The multitasking is a little concerning, although the way they're doing it should minimize the biggest issues (and they've said it's a v.next feature, which I hope they stick to). In terms of copy and paste, though, I have had WinMo now for ages, have had the feature, and I think I might have needed to use it once in all those years. I'm seriously not even concerned about that. Now if they build a WinPho7 tablet and it doesn't have copy and paste, then I'll jump on the soapbox and scream pretty loudly that this is a huge issue....

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
I hope the article's picture is a true representation of the phone's degree of vividness. It really looks faded and washed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS