Question about nstalling new graphics card in my Laptop

arvnoodle

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
My former video card kinda got malfunction vertical lines all about my monitor and I was wondering if I can change it
My video card is AMD Radeon 6550M

and planning to replace it with a more powerful video card hopefully like Nvidia gtx cards

it is possible
I have a i7-2630QM 2.00 ghz

Solution
AMD Radeon 6550M is solder to motherboard only repair shop/ service can replace it but price will be enormous ;/

This can be also drivers issue:

Use this http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html
And follow instruction :
Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
Reboot to normal mode.
Install fresh drivers.

DeathRabit

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
Is not possible to do this.
Anyway try to check if this lines show up if you plug your laptop to monitor, if not you have problem with laptop screen or signal cable inside it.

Your laptop model ?

arvnoodle

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015

Video card is the problem because I tried switching to standard vga adapter then the problem is gone also the external is showing corrupt screen when I connect my laptop to it. so the problem is my dedicated vid card
Lenovo y460p

DeathRabit

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
AMD Radeon 6550M is solder to motherboard only repair shop/ service can replace it but price will be enormous ;/

This can be also drivers issue:

Use this http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html
And follow instruction :
Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
Reboot to normal mode.
Install fresh drivers.

Solution

arvnoodle

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015

Already done using driver sweeper. :D My driver in AMD Radeon driver got remove and I'm currently using Standard VGA Adapter and the problem is gone. Sooo I don't know if I would do that again(installing the drivers)