question about speakers for computer.

blablacentral

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
not super into audo tech i just like good quality sounding music. im curently onboard audio on my pc and probably wont go soundcard unless they come with preset stuff i dont do well with an equilizer with more than 3 knobs.

uses are music from youtube/pandora and movies on my pc sitting at desk not on a tv across the room

anyway... was looking on opinions on two options in the 150 range.

a speaker set like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121048&ignorebbr=1

or a single speaker like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0VU-0005-00026&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=krk_rokit-_-0VU-0005-00026-_-Product

Solution
for that budget perhaps an amplifier and two bookshelf speakers would also be a good choice.

pioneer bs22, micca mb42, dayton b652, klipsch kb-15 are all good speakers for $50-120 per pair and you can hook them up to an amp in the $30-70 range.

the daytons are the cheapest (good for sub $80 stereo systems) while the others are a bit more refined. personally i like klipsch's sound (they are fairly bright and detailed compared to other speakers) though if you're looking for something a bit warmer the bs22's might be better.

DJ Barnesy

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
The KRK's are really good if you want crisp sounding music as they are studio monitors (What producers use) but they are small so you won't get as much power out of them compared to the Z623's.

If you just want to pump it with decent sound and good bass then go for the Z623's. You are practically paying for a sub with 2 average speakers.

for that budget perhaps an amplifier and two bookshelf speakers would also be a good choice.

pioneer bs22, micca mb42, dayton b652, klipsch kb-15 are all good speakers for $50-120 per pair and you can hook them up to an amp in the $30-70 range.

the daytons are the cheapest (good for sub $80 stereo systems) while the others are a bit more refined. personally i like klipsch's sound (they are fairly bright and detailed compared to other speakers) though if you're looking for something a bit warmer the bs22's might be better.

Solution