Solved! Question about the Z906

ItzJosh

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
Hey guys, I recently picked myself up the Z906 home theater system and it is great, but I was wondering if I could max the volume without needing to worry, because as of right now I have never turned the volume up past 3/4 because it makes me nervous.

Am I able to max out the volume without blowing my speakers or my sub? Or is there a point I shouldn't go beyond?

Solution
If you can stand to be in the area of those speakers at 3/4 volume, your source is not turned up much. I have one of the Logitech THX systems (the older 4.1 ones) and if my input is even at half (the Windows volume setting), half volume is very loud. When sitting at the system, I am at about 1/5th volume on the speaker and about 1/5th volume in Windows. To fill the house with sound, full volume in Windows and not even 1/2 on speaker is good enough.
If you can stand to be in the area of those speakers at 3/4 volume, your source is not turned up much. I have one of the Logitech THX systems (the older 4.1 ones) and if my input is even at half (the Windows volume setting), half volume is very loud. When sitting at the system, I am at about 1/5th volume on the speaker and about 1/5th volume in Windows. To fill the house with sound, full volume in Windows and not even 1/2 on speaker is good enough.

Solution