Question for Lenovo Y50 Users/Experts

Underdog_7

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
So i've been looking for a nice gaming/work laptop for college. I'm currently halfway through my Junior year in High School and i'll get a new laptop before the beginning of my Fall Semester of college in 2017.

As of now, I want to get a Lenovo Y50 (http://www.duckdeals.com/lenovo-y50-15-6-inch-gaming-laptop-59425944-black?language=en&currency=USD) because i've heard nothing but good about it, except for its battery life while gaming, I heard it gets an hour and a half unplugged. I just have a quick question, does anyone on here own a Y50 and know how long it lasts without gaming, like if I were writing a paper and unable to charge it, so just having Chrome running how long should the battery life last? Its battery is stuck inside the casing, it can't be removed if it dies.

Thanks!

hattila

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
Hi! I own a Lenovo Y50. It has great power and I love it, but with great power comes great power consumption. I usually use it in the office and at home, so power supply is available. (Btw I'm a programmer, so most of the time the laptop runs text editors and local servers)

With a full charge and no compromise (no economic mode or lowering performance in any way) it can last for 2 hours so this can be your baseline. You could improve with lowering performance, screen brightness and so on but I did not experiment much in the office, and I rarely attend to meetings longer than 2 hours (thank god!).

I hope this helps you in any way :)

Austin_23

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016

Thanks a lot, however I just heard about the Lenovo Y700 and my friend got it and loves it so i've completely switched my interest since I began this thread. Thanks a ton though!