Question to buy a laptop!

Fellipe Bleinat

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
Hey there,

I'm looking for a gamer notebook and I want to spend something like ~1000€.
I found these:
- http://www.dell.com/fr/p/alienware-14/pd
- http://www.boulanger.fr/portable_asus_g75vw-t1466h/p_70408_620966.htm#BVRRWidgetID

So I really don't know which one is better, since one have 4th generation i5 and other 3rd i7, one have NVIDIA GTX660m and other GT750M.

Could you help me please?I'm open to anothers suggestions too!(I'm living in France so please keep in mind that I can't buy in some sites due to the ship)

Thank you!

Solution
Alright, here's the deal. In a desktop, an i3 is a dual core with hyperthreading (meaning it can cheat and act like a psudo-quad-core sometimes). An i5 is a quad core without hyperthreading, but it can still function as a quad core for gaming, while the i3 can't. An i7 is a quad core WITH hyperthreading.

That's all screwed up for mobile parts. Most mobile i3s, i5s, and i7s, are ALL dual cores. The only quad core mobile parts are the -QM i7s.

That means the alienware is a dual core until you buy the more expensive models, but the Asus is a quad.

The 750m and 660m trade blows with each other, though I would consider the 750m better because of power usage and driver support. (Though one HUGE thing to bear in mind is that the Asus has a...

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Alright, here's the deal. In a desktop, an i3 is a dual core with hyperthreading (meaning it can cheat and act like a psudo-quad-core sometimes). An i5 is a quad core without hyperthreading, but it can still function as a quad core for gaming, while the i3 can't. An i7 is a quad core WITH hyperthreading.

That's all screwed up for mobile parts. Most mobile i3s, i5s, and i7s, are ALL dual cores. The only quad core mobile parts are the -QM i7s.

That means the alienware is a dual core until you buy the more expensive models, but the Asus is a quad.

The 750m and 660m trade blows with each other, though I would consider the 750m better because of power usage and driver support. (Though one HUGE thing to bear in mind is that the Asus has a 1080p screen, the alienware only has a 720p screen. I'd much rather have the 1080p screen for trying to actually get work done, because you can always lower the resolution you game at.)

Honestly, your best option is to save up a little more money - neither of these computers is going to game all that amazingly.

That being said, between these two, it really comes down to what sort of games you're going to be playing. If you're doing something like MMOs, the Asus's quad core and better screen will win hands down. If you're doing something like FPSs, the alienware is probably the better bet for pushing the fps and responsiveness you need.

Solution