Questions about iPad restrictions

shoob0x

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Hello, I have an iPad that was issues by a 3rd party to me, and it came preloaded with restrictions. They blocked youtube and reddit and such, which is understandable, however sites like wikipedia and other useful sites have been blocked as well. I can use a proxy to get through some of it but is their anyway to get around the restrictions? I don't want to remove them or anything drastic, I want it to be in the same shape they gave it to me when I give it back. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Solution
I noticed that the website you mentioned use adobe flash which apple does not support citing security vulnerabilities as one of the several reasons as to why not.

Though you cannot install adobe flash, if you have the ability to install apps you can install a 3rd party browser which supports flash videos natively. You should be able to find several on the app store such as photon and skyfire. its been a while since I've played with an apple product so check reviews carefully; I dot know if these are still around or how well they work.

If the websites themselves have been blocked then your out of luck.

popatim

Splendid
I noticed that the website you mentioned use adobe flash which apple does not support citing security vulnerabilities as one of the several reasons as to why not.

Though you cannot install adobe flash, if you have the ability to install apps you can install a 3rd party browser which supports flash videos natively. You should be able to find several on the app store such as photon and skyfire. its been a while since I've played with an apple product so check reviews carefully; I dot know if these are still around or how well they work.

If the websites themselves have been blocked then your out of luck.

Solution