Quick question about sites en webbrowers

Themostdead

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
So i have a really simple question.
When i click on a photo when i search on google image basicly that the photo enlarges.
Are you actually sort of visiting the site or is it done via google and just safe.

Basiclly what i mean if there a picture on a infected site and you click on the photo that is placed on that site via google image, can you get infected that way?

RAZER Gamer

Estimable
May 27, 2015
It is only possible to get infected if you open the link to the image or click on the website. Google is a search engine, a search engine is a website that searches for keywords and displays a list of results that contain those keywords. Google will still display malicious webpages but you won't get infected by clicking on the image in Google Images. In fact it's incredibly unlikely that you'll get an infection from an image.

If you are still worried, please download and install this great add on called My Wot. My Wot tells you ratings of websites and if they contain threats etc...

Link:
https://www.mywot.com/

Hope this helps.

Themostdead

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
the reason i asked this was the picture was placed on a website called hackerforum . net
and if i scanned it with virustotal it would say it has malicious items on in.
Thanks for the clearup, i already scanned with malewarebytes and my system is clean
I also have the Avira tracker addon for firefox wich also shows if there is known malware on a website

RAZER Gamer

Estimable
May 27, 2015
Ok thats good to know. If you even need any more security tools I know tons.

List of security tools/add ons:
AdBlock Plus
My Wot
Spybot Search and Destroy
Adw Cleaner
CCleaner
Clean Master
Glary's Utilities
and more