Quick Review of id Software's Rage HD for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Apart from the first picture that looks quite detailed, the rest looks like what we could get from a game around 2002. Not bad at all!

I bet this can go against my old Pentium 4 1.7Ghz + Geforce2 MX400 anyday of the week :D

notsonoobPCguy

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
@the_krasno Small correction you mean iAwesomePhoneThatBlowstheAndroidOutofTheWater? The iPhone 4 is amazing, and i will be getting this app.

G

@notsonoobpcguy -- small correction, he means iFisherPricePhoneForNoobs. The iPhone 4 is only amazing if you're a clueless trendster. But, y'know, go ahead and convince yourself otherwise.

The graphics look OK, but frankly the game sounds hideously boring.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]xpax666[/nom]@notsonoobpcguy -- small correction, he means iFisherPricePhoneForNoobs. The iPhone 4 is only amazing if you're a clueless trendster. But, y'know, go ahead and convince yourself otherwise.The graphics look OK, but frankly the game sounds hideously boring.[/citation]
Aaahhhh, poooor baby. Are you getting all butthurt because the iPhone is doing so well and a major software company is developing exclusively for it?

I have two iPhone 4's. I'm a software engineer and far from clueless. The iPhone and top Android phones are basically EQUAL. Each one has certain advantages but neither phone is a slam dunk when compared to the other.

Only a hater like yourself would claim that the iPhone 4 is garbage and an Android phone is God's answer to everything. It also means that your opinion is useless since you can't get past the hate to properly evaluate a product on its strengths and weaknesses.

cpburns

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]One line: If iCrap can run it, then my PC is more than ready for it (even if we take the resolution difference into account).[/citation]

You realize that the version of the iD Tech 5 engine running on iOS is fairly cut down from what will be released on xBox 360 / PS3, again versus what we'll see on PC? Screen and texture resolutions aside, we should still expect more from the "full" releases.

somata

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
[citation][nom]tpi2007[/nom]I bet this can go against my old Pentium 4 1.7Ghz + Geforce2 MX400 anyday of the week[/citation] The PowerVR SGX series is certainly more capable than a GeForce2 MX, but even a "lowly" P4 1.7GHz would smoke any Cortex A8. We'll have to wait until the A9s come out before things start getting really interesting. Nevertheless, this and Citadel really show off just how powerful small, low-power platforms have become. Now if only they had some proper controls... I guess I'll have to wait for the PSP2. :)

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
This is a ripoff! All it does is show a splashscreen and exit back to the iPhone. Granted I am on 3.12 and cannot upgrade and after reading the fineprint say minimum of 3.2. This is still crap as there are other apps that have this 'minimum' requirement, but they don't even let you purchase. This POS let me purchase it, but does no requirement check up front

Status
Not open for further replies.