Quirky Smart Power Strip that Solves Wall Warts

Status
Not open for further replies.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
why is it everytime I find that tom's (especially marcus) put news after I read them over at engadget and gizmodo or other sites???

I'm not saying all news on tom's are a ripoff, just be honest with the readers and have some dignity, next time put the source of the news. If you saw it on another website, just refer the website.

G

Really bad grammar: "they clever design", "can hog up at couple other sockets"

nukemaster

Distinguished
this is not new at all, been out for a while now.

First one i saw was this.
http://www.360electrical.com/

If that dont work for you, there are also many power squid bars that work well too.

kkiddu

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
[citation][nom]tdweb[/nom]Really bad grammar: "they clever design", "can hog up at couple other sockets"[/citation]

Bad grammar is when you're unable to write in proper English. What they did here is called a typo, and to be frank, I didn't even notice it.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]7amood[/nom]why is it everytime I find that tom's (especially marcus) put news after I read them over at engadget and gizmodo or other sites???I'm not saying all news on tom's are a ripoff, just be honest with the readers and have some dignity, next time put the source of the news. If you saw it on another website, just refer the website.[/citation]
then maybe you should stop visiting tom's site....moron

G

I solved my wall wart problem with a radial outlet power strip. Google them, they are awesome.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
I honestly don't see why people bitch about how current articles are. I mean, that's like seeing Osama's dead on both Fox and CNN and bitching that one copied the other.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Wouldn't a simpler solution be just to sell little 3 inch extension cords that could bridge the bulky "wall wart" with a conventional power strip? But there is no really money to be made in selling such a cheap item, so it won't make the "news" like this design overkill.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]macewrox[/nom]I honestly don't see why people bitch about how current articles are. I mean, that's like seeing Osama's dead on both Fox and CNN and bitching that one copied the other.[/citation]
No. It's nothing like that, unless CNN reported it as breaking news 2 days later. That's why people wrote the words they did about this subject. Did you read them?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]Wouldn't a simpler solution be just to sell little 3 inch extension cords that could bridge the bulky "wall wart" with a conventional power strip? But there is no really money to be made in selling such a cheap item, so it won't make the "news" like this design overkill.[/citation]

Because some people don't like extra cords lying about? And because some consider it worthwhile to abide by the rule that says "no extension cord shall be plugged into another extension cord"? Safety first. Simplicity second.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tdweb[/nom]Really bad grammar: "they clever design", "can hog up at couple other sockets"[/citation]
wtht th vws, y'd stll b bl t ndrstnd th wrd :D

notuptome2004

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
What i think 7amood is trying to say is that almost 99% of the time when Toms post a news article l such as this by the time they posted it most of is or some of us already knows about it because it was posted a week or more earlier on engadget or other tech sites

a Week or more earlier being the Key here so Toms is a week or more late at posting the same news

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]wawa sxm[/nom]Is it me or has it been well over a year now that pratically every article has a typo or grammatical error[/citation]
Or a missing '?'

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]notuptome2004[/nom]What i think 7amood is trying to say is that almost 99% of the time when Toms post a news article l such as this by the time they posted it most of is or some of us already knows about it because it was posted a week or more earlier on engadget or other tech sites a Week or more earlier being the Key here so Toms is a week or more late at posting the same news[/citation]

I think most of the people are saying the same thing, just in different words. Actually I don't mind if Tom's is bringing up some "old" news a few days later. See, at times I do not have the time or better luxury of time to go around and visit 10 different web sites to read tech news. So it is good for me or people like to visit a single site and get the news from there. Whether I read about the power cord that is going to change the future in 10 years or more... who cares if the news was broken 1 week later? The device is a concept and is not going to hit the market for another decade... do you see my point?

Also regarding a comment further up saying that Tom's is advertising all this as breaking news (in which case I agree it would be not right since other sites have brought the news first), I have not seen Tom's site to advertise any tech news as such. It simply states what is recent and have never characterised any of their news "breaking".

Not taking any sides here, but let's be fair and square.

Status
Not open for further replies.