RAID Laptop Compatibility?

Cosmin Ciulin

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015
Hello everyone. I have 2 SSD and want to be able to combine them into a RAID 0 onto a laptop.

I already have data on the 2 ssd but they were run before on RAID0 so if I put them into a laptop would it let me configure them as RAID0? If so will I lose any data? I want to be able to access the RAID0 volume and back up any data and any work done on my coursework and then do a wipe, is this possible?

Thank you so much for helping me out :)

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
You will lose everything on the drives when you convert to aid0, you will find that windows stops working and have to change that from AHCI to Raid.

But I would strongly counsel against doing aid0, especially on a laptop. It increases risk, if one disk fails, you lose everything, and there is little benefit to be gained.

What are you using as a backup plan?

Cosmin Ciulin

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015

So I have used the SSD in a RAID0 and I have removed them from a desktop PC and don't have that computer anymore. However, I want to back up the already configured RAID to a simple, cheap 1TB hard drive and back it up on there. Then completely wipe the SSDs and install them into a laptop. So I was wondering how I could back up the data from the 2 SSDs that were in a RAID configuration without losing any data on them. Is there any way possible?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bhaaratsharma Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
lylejustinstoffels89 Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 5
I Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 9