Randomly computer screen freezes up and computer is unresponsive to crtl+alt+delete

Apr 28, 2018
Hello tech geniuses and tech wizards, I humbly ask for your help as a simple computer owner. I own a Dell inspiron 15 7560 laptop. It’s a beautiful piece of machinery that I paid a lot of money for (at least I think it was a lot), so it really bothers me when it doesn’t work right. I used to have it freezing up on me because the disk usage was at 100% until I had it replaced with a solid state drive. Now it doesn’t freeze up as often but it still does at seemingly random moments. It has an i7 processor, windows 10, and the new solid state drive.

I checked my reliability history for potential problems but the only thing it would record was when I restarted the computer after it froze up and not what was making it freeze up. Between 4/2/18 and 4/13/18 it recorded me restarting the computer at least 6 times (meaning it froze 6 times). There is no blue screen when it happens, just the screen freezes, the mouse won’t move, and ctrl+alt+delete does nothing.

I frequently scan for viruses and recently dated my drivers, so after a few days of reliability I thought it was all over. On 4/21/18 the thing still froze up in its regular fashion. This has been causing me a lot of anxiety so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

geekseeker

P.S. I don’t know as much as most of you about computers but I am willing to learn.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from geekseeker : "Annoying, subtle, buzzing that corresponds to scrolling and blinking cursers. Graphics card issue?"

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from geekseeker : "Annoying, subtle, buzzing that corresponds to scrolling and blinking cursers."