Ratio of Tweeter watts to Woofer watts

Pauzz

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
What is the appropriate ratio of tweeter watts to woofer watts? If im going to assemble a speaker with a 500watts woofer, how much watts of tweeter should I buy? and If a 1k watts woofer, how much watts of tweeter should it be?

Also, I guess there's also watts and impedance as specs in a dividing network, what does it mean? If I have 800watts @ 4ohms woofer, and I connected it to a dividing network with 600watts @8ohms, does it mean that I could only go to a maximum output of sounds at 600watts @8ohms which is a DN's watts and impedance not the woofer's?

Solution
Unless you find some technical specs on that crossover (the descriptions I can see on the web don't show a crossover frequency), I would look for a different vendor. The parts express website that @americanaudiophile recommended has components as well as books.

BUT, I would be skeptical on the 600W rating of that crossover. I doubt you will have 500 or 600W amp power to drive these speakers unless this is a car installation. If it is a car installation, I would recommend the crossover before the amps and having separate amps for your woofers and mid/tweeters.

Pauzz

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

If I use the crown CN-2600 which is 600watts, does it mean my tweeter should be 600 watts too?

kanewolf

Judicious
Unless you find some technical specs on that crossover (the descriptions I can see on the web don't show a crossover frequency), I would look for a different vendor. The parts express website that @americanaudiophile recommended has components as well as books.

BUT, I would be skeptical on the 600W rating of that crossover. I doubt you will have 500 or 600W amp power to drive these speakers unless this is a car installation. If it is a car installation, I would recommend the crossover before the amps and having separate amps for your woofers and mid/tweeters.

Solution