Solved! Razer Blade Stealth Skyrim

lmayer33

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
How well could I run Skyrim on my new razer blade stealth? it has 16 gb ram, 7th gen I7, and Intel HD 620 graphics card

Solution
It is possible to play Skyrim using the Intel HD 620 see link to following video demoing Skyrim on a Thinkpad 13 with an i5-7200u @ 1080p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy08WR7BPSQ&t=94s

I recommend you google around for how to tweak the SkyrimPref.ini file to improve performance (make a backup copy first). Also, search Nexusmods.com for performance tweak mods that can improve performance running the game on low end machines. For example, there are optimized texture mods out there that shrinks the file size of all the textures, with little to no decrease in quality.

shrapnel_indie

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010

Your weakest link is the integrated Intel GPU. It may run, but you'll have to dial the graphics back quite a bit, if it will run at all.

It is possible to play Skyrim using the Intel HD 620 see link to following video demoing Skyrim on a Thinkpad 13 with an i5-7200u @ 1080p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy08WR7BPSQ&t=94s

I recommend you google around for how to tweak the SkyrimPref.ini file to improve performance (make a backup copy first). Also, search Nexusmods.com for performance tweak mods that can improve performance running the game on low end machines. For example, there are optimized texture mods out there that shrinks the file size of all the textures, with little to no decrease in quality.

Solution

lmayer33

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

ok thank you

lmayer33

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

ok thank you I am pretty new to PC gaming so I dont really know what most of this means but i will research it and hopefully I can figure how to run it, appreciate it

shrapnel_indie

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010

Feel free to come back and ask a lot of questions where and when you need help. Some of the research should help with some of your questions and understanding of things.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lmayer33 : "razer blade civilization v"