Razer Blade Stealth vs Thinkpad X260

Michigan Tech

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Hello

I need a laptop for high school and hopefully college if it lasts that long. I do a lot of engineering work. Of the two which laptop is better?

I like the razer blade stealth because it is light but has a poor upgrade path. It is right on my budget ($1000), a decent battery life, and thunderbolt.

I like the Thinkpad x260 because it has a good upgrade future, is smaller, and doesn't get as hot under load. It has a huge battery, and has that good, solid, business feeling to it. The model I am looking at comes out to $1080 which is a bit over my budget. But is it worth it?

What do you guys think? Or are there better options out there? Again, I have a budget of $1000, do a lot of engineering work so it needs a i7 and have a really light, small footprint.

Thanks guys, have a good one!

Solution
I have an IBM ThinkPad T40 from 2003 that is still perfectly functional...

Unfortunately, it is no longer powerful enough even to surf the internet because of all the Java code, Flash and other stuff running in the background of a lot of webpages.

typical boffin

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

Razer is notorious for bad quality and since you want it to last for a long time the thinkpad upgrade capacity will help you a lot down the road.

I have an IBM ThinkPad T40 from 2003 that is still perfectly functional...

Unfortunately, it is no longer powerful enough even to surf the internet because of all the Java code, Flash and other stuff running in the background of a lot of webpages.

Solution