Razer Kraken vs Genius Cavimanus for gaming

Makkfej

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
My headphones have stopped working recently, so i decided to buy a new one.
The problem is i can't decide which one. My budget is 50-60 euros. You can suggest me something better if you know.

I don't have a dedicated sound card, only sh*tty onboard audio and i don't need a microphone because i have one.
I heard that the Kraken's build quality is good, but the Genius has a USB sound card and 7.1 virtual surround sound.

I mainly play FPS games like Battlefield 3 and Payday 2, where knowing the direction of your enemies is important, so base your suggestion on that.
And obviously i often listen to some music too, but that's just a secondary thing.

I know i won't get a nice Sennheiser or Audio Technica for this price, but i try to get the best out of my budget, like most of us.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Yeah, onboard audio rarely if ever limits the sound quality of anything but a really high quality headset, so you should be fine there. I actually have a Creative Fatal1ty headset, and the sound quality is nice, but it's in a lower tier than the Steelseries, and there will be a noticeable difference in build quality, sound quality, and appearances. The Siberia V2 is definitely worth the cost.

ewok93

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Razer has some issues with build quality, they are very flashy, but also tend to be fragile and do not emphasize sound quality. Genius is a pretty good brand, but not the first I'd suggest. It's near the high end of your budget, unless you get refurbished, but the Steelseries Siberia V2 seems like it would be a good fit. It has 50mm drivers and good sound isolation that gives them really nice sounding bass, they come in a bunch of different colors, and there are USB options.

Makkfej

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

So the Kraken isn't that good either, just as i thought.. Maybe just the fanboys made me think that it's good.
I also heard about the Siberia V2 earlier and considered it. Is it really that good?
Here in Slovakia the basic versions cost around 55-60 euros, so it fits just into my budget.

And what about the Turtle Beach x12? I heard some good things about it.

ewok93

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
The Steelseries is one of my top recommendations for gaming. Turtle Beach is not great, not the best build quality, reliability, or sound quality, just enough to be decent, while the Steelseries has all of those things.

Makkfej

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

Two last questions: Will the Siberia V2 sound good with my onboard audio (VIA VT1708S) ?
I heard that the Creative Fatal1ty has nice audio for the price (26 euros), is that true?

ewok93

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Yeah, onboard audio rarely if ever limits the sound quality of anything but a really high quality headset, so you should be fine there. I actually have a Creative Fatal1ty headset, and the sound quality is nice, but it's in a lower tier than the Steelseries, and there will be a noticeable difference in build quality, sound quality, and appearances. The Siberia V2 is definitely worth the cost.

Solution