Razer Megalodon not connected after restart (Windows 10)

Morgan32

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015
My Megalodon headset works completely fine, no problems at all. The problem is, however, after I restart the computer I have to unplug and plug in the headset for it to show up / be the default audio playback device again. After I've restarted my computer it'll make my screen the audio playback device and my headset wont even show up in the list even though it has been plugged in the entire time. This problem occurred after I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium.

Iwan1991

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
Hey everybody! I might found the solution. I had this problem aswell and I'm running my pc on W10 Pro. I just tested it and reboot the pc and everything works fine so far :). This is what you should do:

Step 1: Download the latest version of Razer Megalodon Firmware Updater.

Step 2: If you haven't done it already, unplug your Razer Magalodon.

Step 3: Hold down the center button from your device (it's the one with the razer logo on it) and hold it when you plug in the USB

Step 4: If you done this correctly the 7.1 should only give light. if it doesn't follow Step 2 and 3 again.

Step 5: Windows will install automaticaly something for your Razer Megalodon, you should wait untill it's done.

Step 6: Open your Razer Megalodon Firmware Updater and press next. It should be installing now. If it shows, device not detected or something. Follow Step 2, 3 and 4.

Note: During the install the 2.1 and 7.1 will be blinking and the volume bar from the device will be moving aswell. (This means you're doing a great job so far!)

Step 7: Finish the install and you MUST un plug and plug in the USB before you start to use the Razer Megalodon.

It should be working now and you can also reboot the pc to check it out if this actually worked

Iwan1991

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016

Hey everybody! I might found the solution. I had this problem aswell and I'm running my pc on W10 Pro. I just tested it and reboot the pc and everything works fine so far :). This is what you should do:

Step 1: Download the latest version of Razer Megalodon Firmware Updater.

Step 2: If you haven't done it already, unplug your Razer Magalodon.

Step 3: Hold down the center button from your device (it's the one with the razer logo on it) and hold it when you plug in the USB

Step 4: If you done this correctly the 7.1 should only give light. if it doesn't follow Step 2 and 3 again.

Step 5: Windows will install automaticaly something for your Razer Megalodon, you should wait untill it's done.

Step 6: Open your Razer Megalodon Firmware Updater and press next. It should be installing now. If it shows, device not detected or something. Follow Step 2, 3 and 4.

Note: During the install the 2.1 and 7.1 will be blinking and the volume bar from the device will be moving aswell. (This means you're doing a great job so far!)

Step 7: Finish the install and you MUST un plug and plug in the USB before you start to use the Razer Megalodon.

It should be working now and you can also reboot the pc to check it out if this actually worked