Razer Says It Has ''World's First' MMO Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
The Razer Anansi is expected to go retail in December for $99.99 here in the States and euro $99.99 over in Europe.
You don't use a $ symbol when you say Euro.....

Anyways, I wonder how many WoW,etc players would buy this.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Looks like a very nice keyboard, but the price is unreasonably high unless you are a professional gamer. For the rest of us, it needs to be about half that.

G

I want one, and I dont think $99 is too much for a specialized keyboard. In fact I think people with a $400 graphics card and a $20 keyboard are nuts; its like going cheap on your bed or your toilet paper.

Having the extra buttons for thumb press is really great. I have a G15 right now but the extra G buttons are worthless because I can not comfortably hit them while keeping my fingers near WASD.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom] its like going cheap on your bed or your toilet paper.[/citation]
lol i buy the cheapest toilet paper i can find... i feel like i wiping my as* in dollar bills...

I have a $500+ vid card and I like this keyboard, but wont spend $100 for it.... I just can't justify the cost to hit a spell a milisecond faster.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Well, I feel I could can justify the cost to hit a spell a millisecond faster, because sometimes that's the difference between surviving and dying.

For me at least, I incorporate alot of keybinds on my mouse. Especially for PvP its critical to hit your cool downs on time and make fast decisions...saying that, thank you Blizz for making my Prot Paladin incredibly powerful ;)

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
A bit on the pricy side, but still a very nice looking keyboard. If you spend most of your time playing MMOs, this might be well worth the investment.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]I want one, and I dont think $99 is too much for a specialized keyboard. In fact I think people with a $400 graphics card and a $20 keyboard are nuts; its like going cheap on your bed or your toilet paper.Having the extra buttons for thumb press is really great. I have a G15 right now but the extra G buttons are worthless because I can not comfortably hit them while keeping my fingers near WASD.[/citation]

You should get you some of that John Wayne toilet paper. "It's rough, its tough, and it doesn't take ____ off anyone."

I run a GTX 470 @ 1080p, and my old Microsoft keyboard does perfectly fine regardless of what I play.

HaakonXCI

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
The Logitech G15 does all of that plus it has an LCD screen which runs applications designed for games to get the ingame information on the screen. I don't see how this keyboard is supposed to be superior. Sure it's fancy but the price is too steep.

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
If you really need more than a standard keyboard worth of keys to handle so many abilities, and macros on top of that, doesn't that suggest the game genre as a whole has some serious problems? I'll never understand why MMO players like just pressing buttons for hours on end... Requiring 15+ abilities to do what is easily accomplished with a single skill in traditional rpgs doesn't add depth, it adds busywork. Which makes more sense, a mage that has to cast several self-buffing spells, a few enemy-weakening spells, just so he can cast an offensive spell, or a mage that casts a single fireball for the same effect?

More relevant, I'm actually fine with spending the extra $30-$50 usually required to get a keyboard with laptop-ish keys and a backlight, and this keyboard really is not significantly different from razer's other gaming keyboards. As for the mmo functions, there really isn't anything not already doable with any high-end keyboard, but the price premium is a measly $20 over the $80 lycosa, and its cheaper than their black widow keyboard already. So if you play mmo's and are already planning on a pricey keyboard, why not?

G

Man, you will need to practice for hours to memorize that many key mappings, surely its just aas easy to click the little box on the screen in your mmo of choice!

I have g15 and g19 mouse and belkin n52te for fps, tend to use n52te for wsad and a few custom bindings like morale pots more than anything else in mmo. once screen set up correctly and UI set in correct place of screen, it is faster to click quickslots than custom mapped keys.

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
I can kill some PRO players with expensive keyboard and mouse with only 5 dollar mouse and keyboard in whatever game like warcraft, starcraft or even counter strike
Skills makes you a PRO not gears, (Might affect a little,1~5%??)

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I take it that my G19 is a hallucination. FFS i can even see my stats, BG maps in detail etc on the thing. I love Razer, don't get me wrong. I paid about 200$ just for the Mamba mouse + mouse pad to them. But they cant be seriously telling me that theirs is the first MMO keyboard.

tychoblu

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]Well, I feel I could can justify the cost to hit a spell a millisecond faster, because sometimes that's the difference between surviving and dying. For me at least, I incorporate alot of keybinds on my mouse. Especially for PvP its critical to hit your cool downs on time and make fast decisions...saying that, thank you Blizz for making my Prot Paladin incredibly powerful[/citation]

The nerf bat is coming for ya tanks!!!

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Well, I payed $100 for my keyboard, and I don't regret it, so the $100 tag on this doesn't scare me.
Seems decet, don't get me wrong, but it's certainly not my cup of tea. I actually like th Razor Lycosa (I bought the mirror version, I should have gotten the one with the matte black finish and non slip keys). I also like keyboards with laptop style keys (silent and little physical feedback required).

So, Razor, How about a matte black Lycosa with a couple more USB ports, laptop style keys, no back lighting, and easier to take apart?
How long it takes to put a keyboard into pieces is important, it promotes cleaning it more often. Don't bother telling me about warranty, because I'd rather clean it once a month.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]So, Razor, How about a matte black Lycosa with…laptop style keys…and easier to take apart? How long it takes to put a keyboard into pieces is important, it promotes cleaning it more often…I'd rather clean it once a month.[/citation]
Careful there; "laptop-style" keyboards actually come in several different types, not all of which have removable keys; even fewer would be considered easy to remove. If you want removable keys, it's going to have to be a bit on the thicker end and use keys that use stalks, which is decidedly un-laptop-like. Laptops tend to use scissor keys, which can be fairly fragile, and I do not recommend taking them off repeatedly.

On the other hand, Apple's slim keyboard uses the same keys as its laptops, but the design is such that it is easy to just wipe over the keys with a damp paper towel or cleaning wipe; since the keys depress to be flush with the aluminum board surface, it allows fairly easy cleaning in-between keys as well. Of course, if that's still not cleanable enough for you, their popularity has lead to a number of plastic keyboard-protectors being available. And I wouldn't go knocking it right off the bat just because it's made by Apple…

Status
Not open for further replies.