Razer stealth 13.3 vs alienware 13 oled

Lawrenzza

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
hi,
I'm thorned in between Razer blade stealth and Alienware 13 oled.
Razer blade stealth
pro: light weight, i7 and 16gb
con: should not be able to handle gaming. not so future proof. expensive Razer core
Alienware 13 oled
pro: integrated graphic card. no concern in terms of performance. cheaper external graphic compatibility
con: weight

my concern: will it be able to handle web building with wix, slots of video and pictures. Auto Cad, photoshop, work and some light gaming.
what would you suggest?

Solution

any recent card would be a bottleneck to the r2 due to the slow cpu,just go with the oled.a faster cpu and a desktop gtx 1060 instead of a 860m/960m which peforms close to a desktop 750ti.unless u want to live in the past skip the r2.
alienware 13 its dedicated graphic card not integrated.the alienware 13 is the obvious choice here as u can use the gtx 1060 to do most of your work and some gaming as well without the need of an egpu solution.the razer 13 is just expensive for what it is.not to mention if u want to play triple A titles u will need the core where else the g amp for the alienware is only an option if u want to play games.

I would go with the alienware as I think its more colour accurate than the blade stealth. Also the oled is tn if I am not mistaken which should mean faster refresh rates. I assume you are going to be using an external monitor as using autocad or photoshop on a small screen is a nightmare?

Lawrenzza

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014

Does that means there will be a bottleneck for what graphic card to pair with AGA?
What's the best card that is compatible with AW13R2 + AGA

any recent card would be a bottleneck to the r2 due to the slow cpu,just go with the oled.a faster cpu and a desktop gtx 1060 instead of a 860m/960m which peforms close to a desktop 750ti.unless u want to live in the past skip the r2.

Solution

Breadbin

Honorable
May 26, 2012
If I had that sort of money I'd get the OLED screen. 13" is kinda small though. I think it's the only size available though. Apparently I can't even buy a Razer Blade Stealth where I live. Or any other Razer laptop for that matter! So that made my decision:)

its quiet small yes.or u can get another model like the acer v17 nitro witht the same gpu/cpu as the oled combo.