Razer Tartarus V2 Chroma Review: Good For MMO Mavens

Status
Not open for further replies.

werepanther28

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
Thank you for the review of the latest generation of my #1 must have device for MMO gaming. I've been using this series since the first offering in the line, back when Belkin made them, and was curious about upgrading. Yes, they take some real effort getting used to, but IMO it's a superior option to crowding your mouse with a slew of keys... that could just be my 12 years of use talking, though. I fully agree that it's a straight downgrade for most other types of games, but once you do get used to it in a game with the plethoric keysets in an MMO, you'll probably wonder how you ever played one without it.

yarrick68

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
Terrible Review. The Tartarus V2 is an update of the legendary Nostromo , in reality this should be called the Nostromo V2, the fact that the reviewer did not mention that shows they know little about the product. This is exactly like the Nostromo except they have added an additional row of keys at the top, end of story. I have used a Nostromo since 2004 for FPS games and MMO's and there is nothing better, huge advantage over keyboards because of the D-Pad for the thumb. What most reviews do not show is there is a cap installed from the factory at the D-Pad but the first thing you need to do is remove it and use it as a normal D-Pad , it is built to be used either way.

werepanther28

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
Yarrick, thank you for explaining exactly why I feel it is a good review. Because it's not done by someone like us, who's used one of these since they were made by Belkin, but instead by someone who knows precious little about it beyond that it has a relatively steep learning curve, and is useless for much beyond MMO gaming. I agree that they probably could have done more research, but niche peripherals are always more miss than hit when it comes to the reviewers having the slightest clue what they're reviewing when it's something esoteric something that got chucked at them.

Also, the Nostromo 2 would be the reworked version offered by Razer; while it wasn't entirely an upgrade, it was at least a lot less clunky to use than the Belkin version, and the panel with the D-Pad has (in my experience at least) less of a tendency to work loose... if only less, not none.

zrtyler

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
This reads more as a generalized review responding to gamepads and their function over keypads. If you're reading this, you're probably interested in a getting a keypad, so it would be much more helpful to know how does it perform as a keypad, relative to other keypads?

Status
Not open for further replies.