Razer Tiamat 7.1 bass problem

Derpherpderp

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
i got this headset and i there is absolutely no bass for a reason. the overall sound is similar to my old 10 euros headphones without the fake surround. I know the problem is some missing software or wrong settings selected. I got asus maximus vi extreme mb and im using its sound card. apart from that, when im not listening to anything, there is an annoying noise, i dont know if its a problem of it or i havent sellected the right settings. ive spent more than 2 hours googling about this problem but i didnt find any advice helpful enough or i didnt understand what to do. should i download any additional software? buy a separate sound card? or what else?

G

check to see if you have bass boost setting enabled for sound card, I had same issue untill I enabled bass boost for my sound card, which is the (aging but still very good sound card) creative XFI gamer extreme 64mb onboard ram version, im 99.9% sure that's all your issue is

Darkosman13

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014
Turn off full range speakers on the side, center, and rear speakers. I too had this issue but this fixes it, it has something to do with the way the headphones handle analog sound and if you have that set they wont work proper.

rockakak

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014

this didnt bring the bass for me

Mr Olinad

Estimable
Oct 11, 2014
Hi guys!
I've just solved this same problem.
My soundcard is an Asus Xonar D1.
All I had to do was:
1- at the headset control I've set the subwoofer to max while the other speakers are set to 9 leds
2- at the Xonar D1 Audion Center I've enabled the Flexbass and set the crossover between 80~120Hz.
The soundtrack you need to test your bass is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxCyfOTgIak (Don't forget to play at HD resolutions)
Search at your sound card config for some crossover settings in order to make all sound frequencies below the Hz setted go straight and only to your Subwoofer "speakers".
As soon as you check the crossover option you will feel the bass as strong as when you are using 2.0 setup.

jackdahou

Estimable
Mar 24, 2015
I HAD THIS PROBLEM, >>> BUT I SOLVED IT.<<<
i hope this works for you guys

I have an Asus Xonar dsx sound card, and i great immense bass from my tiamat 7.1. Im not sure if this will only work with a sound card, but what i did was the following;

Make your Audio Channel - 8 Channels (important)
Sample Rate - PCM 96KHZ
Analog Out - 7.1 Speakers

I have flexbass enabled, and set the cutoff at 50hz in the flexbass section. I also have a bass boosted equalizer.

This is what i have on my Xonar DSX audio center. If you dont have a sound card, I think you can download something like Realtek HD audio driver, and their Audio center should have these options.

The 7.1 Tiamat is amazing, I can hear footsteps in fps games so clearly, as well very precisely. The Bass is very strong, it can hit low freq's and mid freq's very well. You can feel the 10 drivers ( 5 on each ear ) vibrating your ears violently.

Mr Olinad

Estimable
Oct 11, 2014
For the ones that use onboard Realtek HD Audio or some similar onboard sound card:

* First of all, be sure you are on 7.1 mode on your Tiamat main control and all the channels are set to 8 leds (medium). Just change this settings after you do the steps below.

Even when you set to 7.1, if your front channels are defined as Full Range speaker you will not notice the subwoofer.
Try as follows on Windows 7:
- use your Realtek HD Audio Manager and set to 7.1 channels
- right click on the taskbar's speaker icon and go to Playback Devices
- select your speaker and click on the Configure button
- are your channels set to 7.1 surround as you set on the first step? if not, change it now. click next button
- select all the Optional Speakers. click next button
- now you must uncheck both Front and Surround speakers. click next button
- click finish button
- still on the Playback tab, with your playback device selected, click on the Properties button
- go to Advanced tab
- select the highest sample rate and bit depth possible
- select both checkboxes you have on Exclusive Mode (Allow applications... and Give exclusive...) and click OK
- click OK

The main objective here was to define that you have a subwoofer, because Tiamat really has, and the only way to do this is setting all your speakers as High range only so the Lows will be directed only for your .1 channel (subwoofer).
After that, try to look if you have some kind of LFE config on your Realtek HD Audio so you can try to define a crossover as I did. The crossover will let you define the maximum frequency you will direct to your subwoofer. I recommend something from 70 to 80.
If you don't have any crossover functionality on your device, the only way to adjust your subwoofer will be through the Tiamat main control and unfortunately the only possible control is over the volume.

I hope this helps.

exurok

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Darkosman13
July 10, 2014 10:23:27 PM

Turn off full range speakers on the side, center, and rear speakers. I too had this issue but this fixes it, it has something to do with the way the headphones handle analog sound and if you have that set they wont work proper.

--------------------

Thanks Darkosman13!!

After 3 months now THAT was the issue (Turn off full range speakers on the side, center, and rear speakers.)
I now have great bass in my Tiamat on my Sound blaster X-FI Pci-e with PAX drivers. Man the sound is amazing!

Thank you so much, in this prosess i have spendt countless hours on various forums and this is the first suggestion of this i have seen, after so many reinstalls of windows and uninstalling drivers. Man hope you one day read this message :)

KidlatFiel

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
Okay everyone I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!! This solution is for Realtek HD USERS ONLY!!!
The solution is to have the bass management show up on the speaker settings in the control panel. Some PCs like mine (custom) won't show anything.

1) Setup properly on the config in the control panel, which means 7.1 and uncheck the full range speakers.
2) Uninstall the realtek driver in the device manager (Don't worry those things are crap anyway)
3) Reboot
4) Open up the sound settings, choose your speakers then click properties and you should find the bass management option now
5) On the enhancement tab check the bass mangement and click on settings then set you crossover frequency to 80 or what ever you prefer (but I would say that you do not go below 80hz
6) You can now set your tiamat on 7.1 mode all the time and even when playing stereo souces (ie music, youtube) you will get the bass that we deserve!

Lennyxs

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016

I have the same soundcard as you and my bass still not working, am I missing something important that should solve tha bass problem?

Xardee

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
ONBOARD SOUND CARD FIX!

It uses your sound card ports (all the coloured 3.5mm jacks) and because its not a full USB headset you need the sound cards official HD Manager Software... Because Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 had stopped supporting most software like this (It doesn't tell you its not supported properly anymore unless you look in Windows notifications and find it).

Find your dedicated sound cards make or onboard sound cards make, google [the make] + [hd manager/software] and find there latest version of it that will support Windows 8.1/10... For a lot of you onboard 7.1 / 5.1 it will be Realtek, and although the manager may already be on your PC with Win10 on it, its not fully working with it and that's why you aren't getting full bass because they aren't fully compatible. If it is Realtek click this link and download the latest 32bit or 64bit, once installed go to:

- Realtek Sound Manager > Speaker Configuration drop to 7.1 Speaker > Untick the Full Range Speakers > Enable Bass Management.

And now check the difference between 7.1 and Stereo on this head set, it doesn't even compare!

Win 8.1 / 10 Driver: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Feb 10, 2014

I have the exact same problem.. So I have to do without the realtek driver??

Scott_141

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

This worked! OMG these headphones are fa-nominal! WOW! So happy right now! Thanks!!!!!!

Scott_141

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
As he said and holy crap these headphones are amazing! Just set them up properly in the software and make sure you've got a motherboard with built in AMP like MSI GAMING 5, 7 or 9 or a 7.1 Sound card PCI. OMG so friggn happy woo hoo!!! My heads vibrating lol

The Real Jdbye

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks so much for this! All I had to do was enable "Bass Management" in the sound card settings and the headset now sounds awesome!
Toggling full range speakers seems to make no difference at all for me though.