RCA Cambio W101v2 Lots of issues after Windows 10 Reinstall via Microsoft Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrutalBiker

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
After I had to do a complete reinstall of windows 10 on my Cambio all sorts of issues have arisen from missing drivers and unrecognized hardware. RCA has been awful about helping me and just gives me a corporate run around and company form response. Primarily my Audio card isn't working and the driver they gave me isn't even for this platform. The PCI encryption/decryption controller is also without a driver and there is another piece of unrecognized hardware that I don't even know what it is. At the end of my rope as this is the computer I use to make my living and RCA only answer is to send it to them and they will return it to me after a reformatting and "quality check" in 6-8 WEEKS! I cannot be without my means of working for that long and it’s ridiculous to ask that of anyone. Please help.

Solution

Hey there

I'd love to obtain this. I have my Cambio running impressively quickly and smoothly, but, alas, I was stoned when I first started messing with it and forgot to do disc images before/while making changes. I had contacted RCA asking for a restore image but as anyone who has gone that route knows, they are utterly insufferably shamelessly vague. It's getting me irritated thinking about the ridiculously unrelated series of responses I received. Grrr.

anyway...

BrutalBiker

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
actually I have gotten the recovery disk image now and as soon as I make sure that it is still functional and works I will post it to anyone who needs it so they can get out of any mess that they find themselves in after a Microsoft triggered clean boot. stay tuned

JustDave71

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

Hey there

I'd love to obtain this. I have my Cambio running impressively quickly and smoothly, but, alas, I was stoned when I first started messing with it and forgot to do disc images before/while making changes. I had contacted RCA asking for a restore image but as anyone who has gone that route knows, they are utterly insufferably shamelessly vague. It's getting me irritated thinking about the ridiculously unrelated series of responses I received. Grrr.

anyway

email is [don't post your email address on the forum]

Solution

Tyler_139

Prominent
May 24, 2017
Can you post the recovery image?

mrpb5525

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
Hey brutal Biker, I have the RCA Cambio Model W1013DK. I reinstalled windows then contacted RCA when half the devices were not functioning . I got a hold of the correct driver and the platform installer. I still need the touch and audio fix, for some the driver bundle dose not address these two items. does anyone know correct driver for the touch screen on the RCA cambio System Model W1013DK? I would like a copy of the disk you have, it might just help. my email address is [don't post your email address on the forum]

Vyvyn CruxButt

Estimable
Jun 20, 2015

I've got the same issues.. No touchscreen, Wifi audio and a crapton of "Unknown device" and intel devices in device manager that either don't start or have no associated file. I've even tried installing those "Bay 2016" drivers off RCA;s site but none of them worked. I'd like a copy of that recovery image for win10 if it's still available. This system's recovery drive was pooched when I got it which is why I went through the trouble of installing windows 10 again.. I was sure win10 would have the drivers but I suppose I was wrong and now I'm stuck with a semi-functional device. HP support hasn't been too good either.

Dec 14, 2018
■I did a fresh install of windows ten and lost all tablet functionality I got it back by using the uninstall and reinstall from rca it gave me full functionality back its located at https://rcaav.com/faq_support/w101sa23t1-driver/
click on blue words "link" and it will take you to a google drives file that contains the fix I used.

Status
Not open for further replies.