RCA Flat TV and surround sound problem

eeduranty

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
I have an RCA Flat screen TV DTA800B1, with DVD/VCR connected. All work fine.
I have a Magnavox surround sound MX891pR0o2. I have got it to work with both DVD/VCR but not the audio from the TV. I have cable from Comcasts located Fla. gulf coast. I have tried another sound system with no results. I can do without the surround sound on the VCR/DVD but really would prefer to have the audio from the television. Is it possible to get exterior audio from the television? I think it may have to do with a different signal in and out between the two. I don't fully understand and if so what would I have to purchase? Thank you

The correct model number for the TV might help. That model comes up as a digital converter box.
I assume that you connected the DVD/VCR with analog audio cables to the surround sound. If the TV has a headphone jack use that. If it has optical audio out you will need optical in on the receiver or an optical to analog converter to make the connection.

eeduranty

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Thank you so very much for your reply. The model number is RCA LED42C45RO.
I am going to follow your directions, if I have no results and need an analog converter would the convertor for tv's or video capture (elgato.com) work or do I purchase
a converter strictly for audio use? Again, thank you for taking the time to help
me out.