Re-cone kit for an old Manhattan driver?

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
Hello. I had an old 2.1 11 watt computer speaker system (Manhattan - 161701) that I bought for a stress-test, and I ended up blowing the subwoofer and the right channel. I wanted a re-cone kit for the subwoofer, and I wanted to turn it into a regular woofer. I will modify it to what it needs to be to become a woofer, but I couldn't find a good re-cone kit for it. I want it to be around 50-100 watts, if I can. I know what I'm doing when it comes to this stuff but I am just bad at actually finding my gear... anyone wanna help me out and recommend a re-cone kit or two for it?
Subwoofer%20Manhattan.JPG

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... I've used this place for replacement speakers. https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/
Are there any #'s on the original basket to x-ref the maker of the speaker they used? FCC and other numbers are assigned to manufacturers, that google well.
The above company is very knowledgeable about speaker makers, and a Pic and E-mail to them could help you very fast.

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

Thanks, I will look into it. I believe it's a 4" cone size, so I'll look there. :)

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

Well, I build systems and everything. I am knowledgeable about these things. I don't really need to know information about the speaker, I just need to find a re-cone kit. I can build it myself, I've done it before. I just need to find the re-cone kit for it. The original cone and coil in there was a 5 watt 4 ohm coil, with the back marked J X.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Well like most things, they are made in china and considered disposable... a re-cone kit for a 5 watt 4 ohm speaker is not going to be a viable option for a company to offer or have repair Parts to keep Stocked. B )

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

I just wanted a re-cone kit. I am replacing everything but the magnet and the frame.