Really: Facebook Testing 'Follow This User' Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Wow, that is a really creepy thing to add to facebook. Didn't Zuckerberg go through all that hell about privacy? LOL, congratulations on a complete failure to notice the obvious. And in the wise words of Zuckerberg himself, what a bunch of "dumb f**ks".

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
[citation][nom]furylicious[/nom]Wow, that is a really creepy thing to add to facebook. Didn't Zuckerberg go through all that hell about privacy? LOL, congratulations on a complete failure to notice the obvious. And in the wise words of Zuckerberg himself, what a bunch of "dumb f**ks".[/citation]
You seem to be confused. This feature isn't giving you any more access to a user's information. It only prioritizes theirs above others.

I think it's a great feature. It'll let a user keep track of close friends easily without being forced to remove not-so-close friends to do so. It's really just the facebook-equivalent of gmail's recent email prioritization scheme.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]You seem to be confused. This feature isn't giving you any more access to a user's information. It only prioritizes theirs above others.I think it's a great feature. It'll let a user keep track of close friends easily without being forced to remove not-so-close friends to do so. It's really just the facebook-equivalent of gmail's recent email prioritization scheme.[/citation]
If prioritizing people is all that important, use the hide feature. This seems to be a product of the facebook department of redundancy department.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]nightcrawl3r[/nom]Facebook is getting insecure day by day. I am thinking of deleting my account....[/citation]
I think you mean "disabling." Deletion is asking for a bit much.

austinseven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]I think you mean "disabling." Deletion is asking for a bit much.[/citation]

I think -you- mean "Deactivating" it.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]austinseven[/nom]I think -you- mean "Deactivating" it.[/citation]
Maybe I do. I wouldn't touch facebook with a 10-foot pole so my terminology is probably a bit off.

[citation][nom]CaffeineCarl[/nom]Not if you use this link: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/conta [...] te_accountYes, that is the official "kill your profile" link. I've been tempted to use it a number of times myself.[/citation]

How do you know that deletes your profile?

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
This isn't at all surprising. The Facebook feed is often quite random in how it sifts through information poured into it. Oft times I can refresh the page and have random stuff emerge on the feed that isn't new time-wise but never showed up before.

Not a needed feature for me, but not surprising either. I'm not so much worried about stalkers using it as Facebook Moms. *sigh*

elbert

Distinguished
Nice ideal but why not call it best friends. Facebook needs additional customizing features. The amount of information is overwhelming once you get more than 50 friends.

Cyex

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]How do you know that deletes your profile?[/citation]

It doesn't. It puts it in some secret 'recycle bin'. You need to email at least 40 times before they 'delete' it. But you'll never know for sure. It's better just to assume that any time something gets uploaded to the net (including this sentence), it's there for all eternity.

De La NoChe

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]You seem to be confused. This feature isn't giving you any more access to a user's information. It only prioritizes theirs above others.I think it's a great feature. It'll let a user keep track of close friends easily without being forced to remove not-so-close friends to do so. It's really just the facebook-equivalent of gmail's recent email prioritization scheme.[/citation]
Lol... people like you are the reason they are going to be able to get away with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.