Really: Samsung Shows Off Galaxy Tab Bicycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
"Samsung recommends you use the bike docking station in conjunction with applications that track your mileage, route planners and repair guides. "

Like would I be leaning over my left side , paddling and looking at the maps upside down?
Stupid recommendation, would rather have had the F1 idiots who designed it make the holder for the steering bar.
DUH!!

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Would be nice if the pedals were hooked to a cranked generator that could keep the device charged so that you could keep the screen on the whole time... Of course not having it mounted to the handle bars to make use of it while you're actually riding makes it quite useless..

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]"Samsung recommends you use the bike docking station in conjunction with applications that track your mileage, route planners and repair guides. "Like would I be leaning over my left side , paddling and looking at the maps upside down?Stupid recommendation, would rather have had the F1 idiots who designed it make the holder for the steering bar.DUH!![/citation]

I ride my bike everywhere and I rather focus on the BAD drivers than have my focus on a screen of ANY kind. Better SAFE than SORRY. This concept FAILS in so many ways.

In other NEWS: The family of a cyclist who was killed by a drunk driver is now suing Samsung and 14 Bike Co. for the lost of their son, even though neither company was behind the wheels that killed their son, the family is seeking 50 Million Dollars in damages.

A spokesperson for the family said "this will not give them their son back, but they hope that this lawsuit will prevent companies in the future to make stupid gadgets".

And now back to Tomsguide.com for more silly "news".

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
When I heard Samsung Galaxy Tab Bicycle, I thought it was a code name for a new tablet line from Samsung. But no, it's literally a friggen bicycle! I LOL'd

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Why bother with a carbon mount for the tablet when the bike frame is made of steel? I didn't know companies even made steel framed bikes anymore. It must weight 40+lbs. For comparison, my carbon framed road bike weighs 17lbs and my heavy-duty aluminum framed commuter weight 27lbs (with a bike rack, lights, etc).

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I think it is just cultural difference. The number of commuters in a lot of Asian countries that use Bicycles are in the millions compared to here in the U.S. I think the concept for this is while you move on the bike, you stop and swing the tablet to the left and tilt your head to look at GPS maps, historical information (for tourists), popular restraunts in the area, etc. Also, countries like Japan and S.Korea are planning to set up solar recharging docks in busy commuting/tourist spots so these tablets can recharge themselves when you move around in the city.

But, cmon, I would rather just carry a backpack with my laptop, tablet, and whatever mobile computing devices I need without it dangling under my crotch as I ride around in Tokyo or something.

dr_jack

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
When I saw the picture I thought: cool, I bet the bicycle charges the tablet! That'd make sense...

Second choice: make a tablet case that's fixable to your bike. Largely useless, but at least cheap enough for someone to consider.

Who the hell buys a bike FOR a tablet!?

phych

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2005
You guys have it all wrong. The bike is a case for the the tablet! You place the whole bike on your lap while using the tablet! It's genius I tell you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.