Realtek HD Audio Manager missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimePaladin

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
After a recent Windows 10 creator update I can no longer find the Realtek HD Audio control panel. I tried reinstalling drivers from several sources to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

mbilal2

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
You have to download drivers from your motherboards manufacturer. "several sources" means several drivers and they are probably conflicting to take control of the audio device. Uninstall current drivers first before installing new ones. Also under device manager, click "show hidden devices" under view and uninstall duplicate audio devices.

OR you can go to realtek's website and manually download it from here:
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from PrimePaladin : "Realtek HD Audio Manager after recent update."

PrimePaladin

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

Yes of the sources I used the two were both my Mobo manufacturer and Realtek themselves. The Realtek version never added it and the newest audio driver on my Mobo isn't compatible with the current version of Windows 10. But I will delete old Audio drivers and start fresh with the direct Realtek drivers as I said previously the Mobo ones are out of date.

Edit: Nope, didn't seem to install the Audio manager.

Edit: Solved it! I completely deleted my Realtek folders and updated the driver from MUC and it came back.

navdeep.yadav.1987

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017

Hey, how exactly you deleted Realtek folders? Where is it located?

sevcet

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
This metod works in windows 10 ( i had the same problem )
First of all, make sure you have the latest driver installed
1) go to Task manager -> Start-up -> make sure Realtek is enabled
2) open Device Manager ( type in search bar ''device manager'' )
3) go to Sound, video and game controllers
4) right click Realtek High Definition Audio
5) choose Update driver
6) choose Browse my computer for driver software
7) choose Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
8) choose the latest (by date) and then click Next

foxtrotx146

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017

I'm also having this problem with my Windows 10 custom PC and I cant seem to find realtek in the startup category. It isn't there and I cant enable/disable it.

sevcet

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017

did you follow the steps from 1 to 8 ?

kensmethwick

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018

Hi I could not get the audio manager to run, even going to the realtek folder on C drive and clicking on the RtkNGUI64.exe ..... then I tried clicking on RAVCpl64.exe and up popped the manager, I am only using digital output.

Hope it works for you!

deargle

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

Thanks for this post! The RtkNGUI64.exe in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA poppued up the Dell Audio manager for me, where I could click "Advanced" > Jack Information > click the jack icon and then reconfigure my mis-classified headset (had accidentally set it as "Headphones" and then clicked to never show the dialog again, so my headset microphone wasn't working.)

The RtkNGUI64.exe in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\AP did not launch anything for me. Had to be the one in the HDA folder.

Shinethelight

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
Uhm I just had this same problem as well... I use Win8.1 and just did a fresh reinstall of everything, formatting of SSD and so on. Now I don't have the Realtek audio manager either even after installing the proper drivers from the Realtek website. I don't remember this being a problem before. I do this pc cleanup like twice a year. So odd.

Feb 24, 2018
I did this on Windows 10 - version 1709.

What worked for me was going to the Microsoft Update Catalog and doing a search for "Realtek Sound Driver", here's the link: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=...

Then I sorted the results by clicking on the "Last Updated" column, which put the most recent drivers at the top. The second item listed [this will change over time] was version 6.0.1.8346, size 134.3 MB. I downloaded the .cab file and used 7zip to extract it to a folder.

Then I installed it manually using Device Manager, i.e.: Under "Sound, video & game controllers", I right-clicked on "Realtek High Definition Audio" and clicked on "Update drivers", then -> "Browse my computer..." and navigated to the folder with the unpacked driver files. Be sure you have check-marked "Include subfolders".

The driver installed with no problems. I am now running the latest driver, AND the Realtek Audio Manager has returned.

:)

Mar 1, 2018

[Realtek Semiconductor Corp. driver update for Realtek High Definition Audio Windows 10 and later drivers,Windows 10 and Later Servicing Drivers for testing] is it that kind?

Shinethelight

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014

What about Win8.1? Looks like those are just for Win10

Mar 18, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.