Realtek HD Audio Sound Card

mynameis

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Hello, I've recently purchased a XONAR DG sound card, it will hopefully arrive today, and I was wondering what, if anything, I should do about my Realtek Audio Drivers for the built in sound card on my motherboard (Asrock Extreme4). Thanks

Solution
If you aren't going to use the realtek audio ... unstall the drivers / shutdown /restart go to bios and disable the realtek audio in bios then shut down instal xonar DG and then install the drivers for the DG.

You should like the DG I have one it provides noticeable improvements over the Realtek audio on my motherboard I think.

atarione

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2003
If you aren't going to use the realtek audio ... unstall the drivers / shutdown /restart go to bios and disable the realtek audio in bios then shut down instal xonar DG and then install the drivers for the DG.

You should like the DG I have one it provides noticeable improvements over the Realtek audio on my motherboard I think.

Solution

mynameis

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

Thanks for the swift reply. I've uninstalled the drivers and all that, but I don't really know what I'm looking to disable in the BIOS

I've been looking through the UEFI BIOS and I can't seem to find anything relating to audio.

EDIT: I've found an "Onboard HD Audio" under South Bridge settings, it was set to Auto, I assume I should set it to Disable?

EDIT 2: Would it hurt to just leave it enabled? I'm guessing that the Realtek drivers only affect my mobo's audio sockets, and my sound card only affects my sound card's sockets

atarione

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2003
yeah the southbridge thing should be the onboard audio..

it won't hurt anything (except maybe making for confusion when you look at the audio properties cause all the realtek stuff will be there as well as the XonarDG's stuff) it will just reinstall the realtek drivers when you restart w/ the realtek enabled also.

don't really matter ..personally i'd disable it to avoid confusion but it will not really hurt anything either way.

mynameis

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

Wonderful, thanks for clarifying