Realtek no audio :(

kleb_

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
Hello

It happens that my realtek software somehow its not detecting the 3.5mm jacks i plug in my MoBo (back panel), it just shows me the "Digital Output" section if I select the "HD audio front panel" in the connector settings. On the other hand, if I select "AC97 front panel" it shows me the front panel as if i have something connected on it... and if I do change the green input and select "front speaker out" i can get sound from L & R speakers. you can see what i mean in this link https://imgur.com/a/mtqHJ

Since I have a 5.1 I cant get no sound from center, bass, and rear speakers

I tried disable "front panel jack detection" solution wich i've read a lot but i dont see that option on my RealTek software

I have installed/re-installed the latest drivers/software from my MoBo page. and no changes
I also have disabled the azalia thing in my BIOS but when i do that i dont see the realtek option
Yes, im selecting the realtek as my main output device
If I select "AC97 front panel", I see the speakers config in the Playback devices, but i cant get every speaker to sound, just L & R, even if i choose 5.1 option
If I select "HD audio front panel" i see "not plugged in" in the speakers, in the playback devices.

I can get audio from my usb headphones and hdmi without any issue

Mobo: ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AMD AM3+
Speakers: Logitec z506

In both your images, under Playback Device, you have, "Mute the rear output device, when front headphone plugged in". What happens in the software when you check, "Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams, simultaneously". Does that give you control over the rear audio 3.5mm jacks in the software?

-Wolf sends

kleb_

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017

Hi Wolfshadw, thanks for your answer
I deselected the option and i get no sound for ac97 or HD Input, when i do that in AC97 it show me a different option ... check the images in the same link https://imgur.com/a/mtqHJ

So I did a little testing on my system and after a scary moment where I had forgotten that I had muted Youtube, I was able to test my rear audio ports. When connected to my speaker system (green cable only of my 5.1 X-530s) I was able to get audio from my front Left/Right speakers (only).

In your image, as on my Sound panel, when you have your 5.1 speaker system connected to the motherboard's audio outs, the listing for:

Speakers
Realtek High Definition AUdio

Should read as, "Ready" and not "Not Plugged In"

Here is what I would suggest. Connect your speakers to the rear audio ports of your motherboard as required (lain out in your motherboard manual) and then reboot your system. Once your system has rebooted, check to make sure "Speakers" in your Sound control panel is showing, "Ready". If it shows ready, click on it and then click the "Set Default" button and then click OK.

Once that is complete, attempt to start an application that provides audio (Media Player, YouTube, etc...) and just test to see if you're getting audio from the speakers. At no time are you to start the Realtek Audio software program.

If, after the reboot and the speakers connected to the motherboard's audio outputs, re-download the drivers from your Motherboard's Download Page for your OS. and (with the speakers connected) reinstall the drivers.

-Wolf sends

kleb_

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017

Hello, i'm not sure if i get it right, but is this what you meant? (check last 3 images on this link https://imgur.com/a/mtqHJ )

thing is, if i disconnect and reconnect it seems that they are not recognized for some reason, it doesnt give me the message that says "some plug has been disconencted"

also, here's something odd that is happening
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tfsXFueGwY"]VIDEO[/video]

Just to be clear that's with the option "AC97 front panel" and "Mute the rear output device, when front headphone plugged in" checked

I'm re downloading and installing the drivers to see what happens...

First off, I don't see any reason to mute the rear audio ports just because you have something plugged into the front audio ports. Uncheck that option in the ASUS High Definition Audio software. Click OK and then close it.

Next, shut down your computer. If they're not already connected, connect your speakers to the motherboard's rear audio ports the way you have them shown in the image you provided. That is the correct orientation. Reboot your computer. DO NOT start up the ASUS High Definition Audio software. Go into your Control Panel and select the Sound option.

Somewhere in that list, you should see the option I laid out before:

Speakers
Realtek High Definition Audio

Below that, it should say either "Ready" or "Not Plugged In"

If it says "Ready" then all you should need to do is select it and then click on "Set Default"
If it says "Not Plugged In" then either the drivers are not installed or you have a faulty motherboard.

-Wolf sends

kleb_

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017

Ok, ive reinstalled even the latest driver codec from the realtek website, same thing...
i did what you said and it says "not plugged in"
so i thought it was a faulty mobo ... but!!!
i did not gave up on my Mobo, so i ran a Linux LiveCD to see if the problem was in there too ...

here's the evidence (mobo not faulty ... thank God)
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNjUsiJJowA"][/video]

Well. If they work under Linux, but not under Windows, then it's either an issue with your drivers (which you've already stated you've performed a clean install) or your Windows installation (which I wouldn't think).

Not sure where else to go here.

-Wolf sends