RealTek not recognising Microphone (USB Microphone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlockWar

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
Hi there! : D
So I just bought the Samson Meteor microphone (Amazing : P)
But i just noticed a problem, RealTek doesn't want to recognize my microphone.
Before I got the Samson, I used a headset microphone, whice used a jack to connect to my Pc.
I already tried reinstalling RealTek, a lot, but it didn't work. : P
I'm not sure what i can do about it now.
But if there is nothing i can do about it, then is there another software that can reduce background noise/echo while recording.
I know about buying a sound card, and editing out the noise after recording, but they're not what I'm looking for : P
I want to be able to record, while not having the background noise/echo.
Thanks for reading : )
Edit: I gotta go somewhere, so i might not answer anything right away. But please leave a answer : D

Solution
That mic is a USB mic and therefor its own recording device. You wont be using the realtek software with it
Open control panel>Hardware and Sound> Sound > Manage Audio devices
and on the recording tab you can set the new mic as the default device

On win 7 you can rt click the speaker icon down by the system clock and then select Recording Devices directly.

popatim

Splendid
That mic is a USB mic and therefor its own recording device. You wont be using the realtek software with it
Open control panel>Hardware and Sound> Sound > Manage Audio devices
and on the recording tab you can set the new mic as the default device

On win 7 you can rt click the speaker icon down by the system clock and then select Recording Devices directly.

Solution

TheBlockWar

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015

Well thats too bad, and i already have it on default. : P
Thanks for the help anyways. : )

Nick pelletier

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
I have the same mic, what I do is I put the sound down to 30, which gives no echo/background noise, in the control panel, devices and sound, sound, the mic, then right click properties. Then when recording I turn down the sound in game to the point where it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.