Rear and front audio jacks: Can't use both

Status
Not open for further replies.

liamivmcc

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Front and rear audio outputs not being registered as seperate:

So i've been trying for a few hours to figure this out without any luck.
Basically i've got a set of speakers running of an amp plugged into the rear 3.5mm audio jack, and i've got my headphones running of the front jack.

What i want to be able to do is basically run all audio off both devices at the same time so that i can listen over my speakers while streaming videos or music, and simply switch them off and turn on my headphones if im gaming.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

Reactions: djavionics

Paul NZ

Admirable
On some mobos I think if it's Realtek

If you installed the drivers, run the Realtek program, and click on the spanner in its options

There's an option here you can tick so both work

Cant remember the name of it tho. It'll say something about front and rear ports

liamivmcc

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

Ok, so this is where i've really been getting stuck. I've found loads of solutions using teh realtek software or VAC (Virtual Audio Cable), however i can't find the Realtek programme. And i couldn't get VAC to work either.

Is there anywhere the software can be downloaded?

n0ns3ns3

Commendable
May 25, 2016
what you asking for is not possible.
front and rear connectors are either:
* same audio device - connecting anything to front, will mute the rear
* separate audio device - you can set different programs to different outputs, not the same output to both.
you can simply buy a splitter and connect both speakers and headphones to it.
https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Audio-Splitter-Speaker-Headphones/dp/B005GNQNHU

Solution

liamivmcc

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

It doesn't necessarily have to be running the same audio off of both.
But at least being able to switch between them without unplugging my headphones.
What keeps happening now is i run my audio off the speakers (rear audio jack), and whenever i plug in my headphones i'm no longer able to play off the speakers.
Every single audio playback device is now my headphones. (In the default audio playback devices menu in windows)

liamivmcc

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

So what the guy in the video has done is, using the realtek software, set both ports to headphone and then the mute setting?
Well, now i'm trying to get the software but i can't find it anywhere, i've got my motherboards disc and i found drivers on there which i installed, but i can't find the software.

n0ns3ns3

Commendable
May 25, 2016
you need to go to advanced settings of the realtek HD audio manager and select the behavior configuration you want.
but even if you do change the behavior, when you will plug in the headphones, nothing will happen. you will have to manually switch the audio device.
I use AudioSwitch that allows to use keyboard shortcuts to switch between different audio devices.

liamivmcc

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

Finally!
Found the downloads, all i can see are drivers though, but let's see

liamivmcc

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Ended up doing this with an audio splitter as suggested by n0ns3ns3 as i just gave up trying to get other stuff to work.

Huge thanks to Paul NZ for trying to help, would suggest his solution if you have the realtek software

Apr 9, 2019
Front and rear audio outputs not being registered as seperate:

So i've been trying for a few hours to figure this out without any luck.
Basically i've got a set of speakers running of an amp plugged into the rear 3.5mm audio jack, and i've got my headphones running of the front jack.

What i want to be able to do is basically run all audio off both devices at the same time so that i can listen over my speakers while streaming videos or music, and simply switch them off and turn on my headphones if im gaming.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

In my case ASUS m5a78l-m plus, had the same issue, solved it but I do not recommend to you. I solved the thing downloading the latest drivers found on asus website (I couldn't find in argentina website) v6.1.77 and now I can select the option through the realtek audio manager notification area icon.

The problem is now I do not have to separate audio outputs as before, in audio devices I have only "realtek :
1TJHUqIJR_sdCguGRSW8_O2j-CV8BbeLA

I suggest the splitter is the best solution because before installing drivers (I was use generic default drivers) I had what is the same as having two sound cards in my system, winamp was listing two soundcards one named "Headphones - Realtek High Definition Audio" and "Speakers- Realtek High Definition Audio". And the bass boost effect in "enhancenments" was high quality.
I still have audio EQ, but it is an equalizer and I don't like how it sounds.

I find useful having these two separate audio devices for DJ mixing programs.

So after installing the Realtek Audio Drivers, an icon appeared in the notification area:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fkLt7PFKr78Joyg0eQYAxt9YcuN64CfQ/view?usp=sharing
1fkLt7PFKr78Joyg0eQYAxt9YcuN64CfQ

Status
Not open for further replies.