Rear speakers not working.....

SAMVARDAN

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
I have connected my optical cable to both the TV and the 5.1 DVD system... Only the front speakers work and not the rear speakers while watching TV programs.. But when you play movies through DVD system all the speakers work.... I am confused....

Solution
Check your TV audio menu. There may be a way to change the audio output type. Bitstream is usually 5.1 and PCM is usually stereo. If you find a choice try the other one.
Also check the surround sound mode that is set for the optical input on the 5.1 system. The setting for the DVD would not affect the setting for it.
The audio track MUST be being broadcast in the current selected surround sound mode to be outputted in 5.1. You are probably watching a film on the DVD, and most films have at least a 5.1 sound track. Has your system got a selectable surround sound mode? If so, try cycling through the modes. Most music is not recorded in surround sound either.
So basically it depends on what you are watching as to weather it will be outputted in 5.1 / 7.1

Hope this helps!
K.

Check your TV audio menu. There may be a way to change the audio output type. Bitstream is usually 5.1 and PCM is usually stereo. If you find a choice try the other one.
Also check the surround sound mode that is set for the optical input on the 5.1 system. The setting for the DVD would not affect the setting for it.

Solution