Question reboot and select proper boot device

nissan200sxftw

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
Hi! I've been having this issue for awhile now, sometimes when I turn on my Toshiba Satellite P750 I'll end up getting the error "reboot and select proper boot device"

I end up going into the BIOS menu and find my HDD isn't being detected, I've also tried a new HDD and same problem happens, though at times it'll work and start up normally, same with the original HDD.

I've done a clean installation of windows a few times now both being Windows 7 and Windows 10. Within the BIOS I've made sure that the first bootable device is my HDD(when detected) I've also made sure that they're inserted properly and I've changed the compatibility of the SATA mode; by default it is on AHCI, if i were to use the other option, I'd end up getting the blue screen of death and it'd go into repair mode.

Any ideas to what is causing this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 7
L Laptop Tech Support 6
R Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 6
K Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 3
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Reboot and select proper boot device
Solved! Asus Aptio setup problem- tried the usual solution and it is now telling me to reboot and select proper boot device instead
It won't let me out of reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key
Scrolling reboot and select proper boot device or incert boot media in selected boot device and hit any key"
It won't let me out of reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key
Fix my reboot and select proper device
Reboot and select proper boot device mssg
I was factory reseting my toshiba but I cancelled it in 1% Reboot and select proper boot device
Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
ATM machine showing " reboot and select proper boot device and press a key"
Stuck on Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Boot device and press a key BUT SSD ok?
What if it says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
I have an Asus Pc that when it boots up diverts me to a black screen and says reboot or select proper boot device.
My gateway desktop says reboot select proper vitals
Hello how can i reboot my toshiba satellite c55..keep saying'reboot and select proper boot device'
I don't have a reboot CD I have a black screen on my computer says reboot and select proper boot device I have tried and tried
Laptop boots normally, then give 'Reboot and select proper boot device" error
Home computer T Series stuck on reboot and select the proper device
how do i get out of the reboot and select proper bott device
My laptop tells me to reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media and press a key ,I do it and it repeats the sa

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS