received restricted call with name

Jun 26, 2018
I received a call from a restricted number and answered but no one talked. My call log showed a name. which I dont know but no number..still says restricted! wth?

Solution
That is something you would have to bring up with your carrier/service provider. It has nothing to do with your phone. It is the carrier's/service provider's system and the same with the person who was calling.

Also, just to be safe, try running some good antivirus and malware scans on the phone. I say that because a name shouldn't show unless the name is on the phone somewhere. Again talk to your carrier/service provider as well.
That is something you would have to bring up with your carrier/service provider. It has nothing to do with your phone. It is the carrier's/service provider's system and the same with the person who was calling.

Also, just to be safe, try running some good antivirus and malware scans on the phone. I say that because a name shouldn't show unless the name is on the phone somewhere. Again talk to your carrier/service provider as well.

Solution
Jun 29, 2018
That is super weird bc the same thing happened to me today. I have Verizon, just got a brand new phone 2 days ago but same #. I got a call earlier today that came up restricted so of course I didn't answer it. But when I checked the call log later it still says restricted but my friend's name above it?? I asked them if they called and they didn't. What's going on??? And if the call is restricted, why would it have a name attached to it?